[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Seat scribe?

Seat scribe?

Place to post other shop equipment ideas or something you made and u'd like to share?

Postby bruce » Sat May 02, 2009 6:50 pm

Any thoughts on a seat scribe?
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby pablo » Sat May 02, 2009 6:59 pm

Well Goodson sells one for $50.00. Looks like a good lathe project.
pablo

Postby bruce » Sat May 02, 2009 8:12 pm

I had some pics here of various designs and have been weighing buying or making something. Problem is adding something else for me to make to my list and my list never gets done. $50 from Goodson doesn't sound all that bad. Mondello has a nice one also.
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby pablo » Sun May 03, 2009 8:50 am

Yeah, I was thinking the same way. Just depends on your time managment. Probably on this one, I would buy it.
pablo

Postby 49-1183904562 » Sun May 03, 2009 4:58 pm

I use the one that comes with the 3-D Fast Cut system as it is also used to set the seat cutter ID. But i do like the Mondelo design and it could easily be made from a replacement valve guide.

Rick
49-1183904562

Postby pablo » Sun May 03, 2009 11:03 pm

Great idea with the valve guide Rick! With the Twin Cam & Evo heads you would only need the 2 sizes. 5/16 & 7mm Dia. ID.
Funny you should mentioned them as I was checking out some in my tool box today at work.
I'm want to come up with setup that will hold a 1/2 Dia. tooling ball that would fit in the cyl. head guide hole. That would give me a stem protrusion hgt. & location.
I then can put another 1/2 Dia. tooling ball located in the 3/8 Dia. dowel hole located on the rocker box surface of the head.
All of this would allow me to locate, & change the stem angle, allowing for a larger Dia. valve.
I want to be able to do this with 883 Sportster head's. They make good porting cores for Hi-Perf Sportster engines.
pablo

Postby Tomasw » Sun May 03, 2009 11:11 pm

Tomasw

Postby 92Camaro » Sat May 16, 2009 12:07 pm

92Camaro

Postby bruce » Sat May 16, 2009 1:07 pm

Ron,

Thanks for the insight on the Goodson product!

Bruce
bruce
Site Admin

Return to Other DIY shop equipment