[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Small slice valves? - Does anyone know where?

Small slice valves? - Does anyone know where?

Place to post other shop equipment ideas or something you made and u'd like to share?

Postby slracer » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:26 am

Hi all, I'm off on another tangent and looking for a 1" slice valve (aka knife gate valve, tongue valve, ...). I have found lots in the 1-1/2" size, but really need a 1" (or I will have to make one :p )!

This link shows one in Bruce's pitot bench.

Any help is, as always, appreciated. Thanks, Doug
I choose NOT to be an ordinary man because it is my right to be uncommon if I can! - unknown
slracer

Postby Otto » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:34 pm

i'd just get the 1 1/2 and bush it down
Otto

just another one man show
workin to play
Otto

Postby slracer » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:16 pm

Thanks Otto but I have to keep the external size small. I'm thinking about taking the one I already have (didn't use it for depression control on my bench) and rebuilding it to a 1" flow path. Was just hoping someone had seen a small one somewhere! :D

Doug
I choose NOT to be an ordinary man because it is my right to be uncommon if I can! - unknown
slracer

Postby Scott H » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:28 pm

Scott H

Postby slracer » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:24 pm

Hi Scott, Thanks for the lead! I really want a slice type with sliding gate, but I tracked down the manufacturer's web site from this one (and another on the link you sent) and the internal drawings look like they could be modified for slide rather than twist. This is another of my hare-brain ideas so who knows where it will lead? -- Doug
slracer

Postby Scott H » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:56 pm

Great. I found them cheaper here.

Scott H

Postby slracer » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:23 am

Hi Scott, I also looked around and found them here:

A little higher than Ace, but lower shipping (Ace was more for the shipping than the valve, not too uncommon when you get one thing). Overall about $.05 different. :p Your ad said catalog and internet only, but I'll check with our Ace store here and see if I can get a look at one. BTW, the -T at the end of the part number means it has a Threaded coupling. A -S means it is a socket (slip fit).

The second brand (Spears) had a good size chart and a cross sectional drawing here:

This sure looks like it would be easy to mod, but the price is $22+ before shipping. I didn't look around yet but will tomorrow. Thanks again! -- Doug
slracer

Postby 86rocco1 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:56 am

You should be able to find plastic gate valves of that type at any GOOD hardware store in size from about 3/8" NPT and up.
86rocco1

Postby 49-1183904562 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:22 am

Doug,

Rick
49-1183904562

Postby slracer » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:38 pm

Thanks Rick, These are the best looking ones so far, minimum size and "clean" design. I ordered one!

Thanks to all else who contributed!

Another project! Boy do I need that. At the current rate I should finish them all by the time I'm only 155-160 years old!
:p :D (If I don't add too many more!)

Doug
slracer

Return to Other DIY shop equipment