[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - DIY shop hone

DIY shop hone

Place to post other shop equipment ideas or something you made and u'd like to share?

Postby 1960flh » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:02 pm

Greg;

How did your hone end Up I was very interested in this thread and it died off.

Would love to see the finished product.

Rick
HP = Torque x RPM / 5252
1960flh

Postby Greg » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:14 am

Hey Rick, will make an update soon. I'm using the hone and it works very well, just a few changes to make before i could call it finished enough to clean it all up and powdercoat it. I'm almost sorry I sold my last one as this one is looking more and more like it each time I try something different.
Greg

Postby 49-1183904562 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:32 pm

I have been very interested in your setup, are you using air for as a stroke assist or is it true power stroke? and just how did you calculate hone speed and stroke per minute to get your cross hatch? I have been collecting parts in hopes of building a single cylinder power hone (less involved). Your workmanship is top notch and the layout is somewhat a cross between a Sunnen. Also what hone setup are you using? How do you adjust the stones? Sorry for all the questions.

Nice job i look forward to tthe update.

Happy New year

Rick
49-1183904562

Postby Greg » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:38 pm

Gday Rick,

I have the hone currently set up using a 5 port spring centred normally closed centre dcv. The air cylinder is 50mm bore and has plenty of power to stroke the hone. I have an adjustable stop at the moment for the bottom end of the stroke and use the lever on the dcv to control direction. i have the speed set using flow control valves on the exhausts which works quite well. i also have a hydraulic damper to smooth things out a bit.

In time I will set it up with some 24v solenoid switched dcv's on the cylinder to control the stroking so it can be full automatic stroking. i am also setting up a dwell arrangement so i can press a button and have it make extra short strokes at the bottom of the bore, similar to the dwell button on a ck10 sunnen.

I'm pulling it apart on the weekend to make some changes so i'll take a few photos then and post them up. Is there anything in particular you would like to see?
Greg

Postby 49-1183904562 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:52 pm

Greg;

Would love to see how you are setting the tension on the hone head, and are you using a combination of hone speed and stroke speed to keep the cross hatch where you want it? Thanks allot for all the insight, very nice DIY Hone. I have been looking at variable belt drive (off an old drill press) for the stroke on an adjustable stroke wheel and using an electric PTO clutch for engagement but still working through the design.

Rick
49-1183904562

Previous

Return to Other DIY shop equipment