[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Valve Grinding Equipment

Valve Grinding Equipment

Place to post other shop equipment ideas or something you made and u'd like to share?

Postby 106-1194218389 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:19 pm

I sure missed a deal a couple of years back. My Father-in Law's brother had a very good verticle mill for sale. Full sized and in excellent shape. He sold it for $600.00. I did not skip a zero. My wife forgot to tell me and by the time she did it was gone. They were waiting for me to respond but since I didn't he sold it. I cried for a week over that one.

John
106-1194218389

Postby 49-1183904562 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:43 pm

Pic of mill

Dog not for sale

Rick
49-1183904562

Postby bruce » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:46 pm

Rick when you come up to my place just bring it along :D
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby 106-1194218389 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:32 pm

Rick,
good looking mill. Have you come up with a price for it?
John
106-1194218389

Postby 49-1183904562 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:23 pm

[color=#000000]All I've gotten some PM's so here is the skinny.

The mill is a J head with 9 x 48 table it stand 79
49-1183904562

Postby MrHijet » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:28 pm

I just got my first valve grinder. It's a selfmade design by a machine engineer. The seller was a friend of the "maker", who died a year ago.
The seller was a historic bike restorer (as a hobby). Very nice guy and very friendly. He is a Ducati addicted biker, as I saw on the plates on the bikes ;-)

Back to the grinder:

The both motors are adjustable in the speeds and the valve holder can be turned in a all directions (X and Y direction) and the valve spinning engine base is 360 degree turnable.
The material and tools is very strong and precise. All parts are from CNC machines parts.

Cheers,

Daniel
MrHijet

Postby 49-1183904562 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:27 pm

Daniel,

Does it have Coolent ?

Rick
49-1183904562

Postby MrHijet » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:07 pm

MrHijet

Postby WPH » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:08 pm

Pekka
WPH

Postby racehead-1 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:42 pm

WPH, where did you buy your ER collet? I would like to have the good quality ones. The inside of my main shaft is rought, I think that you need to press fit the bushing first to the main shaft then turn the inside diameter of the bushing to the diameter of the sank of the Er colett. Is your main shaft from a Sioux grinding machine?
racehead-1

Postby WPH » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:39 pm

Nope, it's from VLC. But it looks like the same on the inside as B&D, even the original collet looks alike. These are standard metric collets from my local tool vendor in Finland/Europe. They come in two turning accuracy classes, mine are the 0.015mm. About 20-25$ a piece, higher accuracy is almost 3X as expensive. I'll try to improve the repeatability on my setup and if it works OK I'll stick to these cheaper ones. Besides you don't need as many of these since the inside diameter range is wider.

Pekka
Pekka
WPH

Postby racehead-1 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:15 pm

Has anybody done this coversion on a Sioux 645L valve grinding machine using the original main shaft. Where could I get the Er coletts for that shaft, it has no tapper and it has to be a press fit the outside diameter is 28.80 millimeters.
racehead-1

Postby WPH » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:32 pm

I tried to google Sioux 645 to get some more specific pictures of the clamping stuff but no luck. If you could post some photos maybe then we could get a kick start on your conversion. Mine is almost finished, did a test assembly with reconditioned parts and the run-out minimum is 0.01mm at the moment. Still have to figure out a way to get the valve centered without a dial indicator. It doesn't take more than 2 turns of the mainshaft but setting it up for every valve is a bit frustrating.

Pekka
Pekka
WPH

Postby pablo » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:33 pm

I have a B&D valve grinder type"A". I can't turn the coolant switch over from doin a valve face to doin the stem's.
Anybody know how this switch works or if this has been a problem??
pablo

Postby 200cfm » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:19 pm

Did my first grinding stone dressing today. Then did my first valve seat regrind. Took my time, learning as I went. Going to try and check the concentricity tomorrow, then try a 30 degree top cut, then a 60 degree throat cut. (tom)

Before photo.

After photo

200cfm

PreviousNext

Return to Other DIY shop equipment