[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Intake radius plate

Intake radius plate

Place to post other shop equipment ideas or something you made and u'd like to share?

Postby Mousehouse1 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:59 pm

Does anyone have the dimensions of the big block chevy intake radius plates? I think there is one for square and round ports.

I am having some intake radius plates made. I believe they are going to be around $25 each might be cheaper if I order more. They are going to be made out of 3/8" clear plexi-glass. If anyone is interested I could see if they are willing to make more. I just need the dimensions of the port. The only thing you will have to do is drill holes or install slots to hold them down. The ones I am having made don't come with slots. If you want slots added I need to know where and how big.
Mousehouse1

Postby gofaster » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:57 pm

Mousehouse1, you may want to glue a few of those plates together, 3/8" is a pretty stingy radius for a big block. I shoot for a radius that is 1/2 the width of the port.

You could get a starting point for your radius design by coating the manifold face with prussian blue and bolting it to your head. Then you could figure where you will have to remove material on the head and manifold to make a nice transition and have the right csa in that part of the runner.

Once those things are settled, you'll be able to make a radius inlet that will be right for the head by transferring the shape to your plate with more prussian blue.

If you're not familiar with "prussian blue", it is a gooey ink that comes in a tube. Most machine shop suppliers carry it.

For a baseline test, you may want to make your radius fixture to simply match the existing port, and then remove material from it as needed later, or make a second fixture for testing the head after it is ported.
Jim
gofaster

Return to Other DIY shop equipment