[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - DIY Camshaft machine

DIY Camshaft machine

Place to post other shop equipment ideas or something you made and u'd like to share?

Postby Bastler » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:07 pm

Hi,
here is another DIY project. A copie-camshaft-machine much cheaper then a professional one. Such a machine is tested and it works.

Now it is possible to duplicate an exist cam or you can make pre-production cams for your engine.

On another DIY project you can built a valve train test bench. It is possible to analyze the valve train by a stroboscope.

Here is a photo of the DIY copie-camshaft-machine

Best regards

Bastler
Bastler

Postby bruce » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:38 am

Anymore pictures and info on this setup?
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Bastler » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:01 am

Yes, but in a few days. I hope I will get a video from the machine in motion.

Best regards

Martin
Bastler

Postby bruce » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:00 am

One of my back-burner projects has been to setup an old Van Norman piston grinding machine I purchased a few years back to grind custom cams for my single cylinder pulling tractor engines. So I'm always interested in home shop machines like this.

Probably get back to it someday . . .
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Bastler » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:03 pm

hi bruce,
here are some 2D drawings from the camshaft copy machine. the dimensions are metrical [mm].
I have also a short instruction how to built it. But it is only in German.
Bastler

Postby bruce » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:25 pm

I'm sure I can find someone German to translate it I live in PA Dutch Country and I know some people who speak PA Dutch German. Feel free to email it to me if you'd like.
bruce
Site Admin

Postby 49-1183904562 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:28 pm

Bruce;

If you get the document one of our employees is German and fluent. She does technical writing and i will get her to translate it.

Rick
49-1183904562

Postby Bastler » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:56 am

[color=#000000]I will send you the instruction in a few days. My English is not so good so it is not a good idea to translate the hole document for you. I wonder how much people from Dutch or Germany live in the USA. I wasn
Bastler

Postby Scotts » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:59 pm

I can't get seem to get the image to download, it just pulls up a blank screen

Scott
Scotts

Postby Bastler » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:21 pm

[color=#000000]I don
Bastler

Postby Scotts » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:18 am

It still won't work for me, can you email it to me?
I will send you a PM with my info.
Thanks
Scott
Scotts

Postby 77-1201624802 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:45 am

But guys, be sure that this is copyright material. It's the DIY infos out of the famous engine tuning book of Mr. Apfelbeck.

Daniel
77-1201624802

Postby Bastler » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:41 pm

[color=#000000]of course it is from Mr. Apfelbeck
Bastler

Postby Moriniman » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:57 am

Some more pictures of a DIY camshaft grinder on the Backyard Metalcasting forum;

Paul Compton
Moriniman

Return to Other DIY shop equipment