[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Metalcast paint

Metalcast paint

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM

Postby larrycavan » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:50 am

I've been a bit torn over what to do for my engine cases in terms of cosmetics. Very disapointed in the casting flaws in this particular set of MKII cases [had my heart set on the aluminum finish] I decided to either paint or powder coat them.

I received a phone call from guy in Phoenix about getting ahead ported and we got to yacking about KZs. He mentioned Duplicolor Metalcast and sent me some pics of his bodywork that was painted with it. I was 100% impressed with his results and researched the product a bit.

They have a really cool smoke color that I thought would be perfect on my engine cases. The results were a bit mixed but I like it overall. I need to apply more coats to get the final finish I'm after but ran out of the time window for applying coats......now I have to wait a week for the paint to cure so I can lay some more wet coats on the blushed out areas.
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby larrycavan » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:52 am

Here's also a pic of the TBs that Bruce bored for me. The gold is engine enamel and the black is baked enamel done by a friend of mine as a government job....

We have our own mustang ready for the PTS Challange whenever it's decided on where it's going to be held :D

Edited By larrycavan on 1213534453
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby bruce » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:37 am

Wow they came out nice!!

Can that paint be used on cast iron or is it limited to alum?

Psssst . . . also noticed you didn't post any pics showing the throttle bores, our little secret :;):

Edited By bruce on 1213537139
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby 77-1212596771 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:43 am

OffTopic:
TB's?
Hey Bruce, I think we have to talk ;-)
PM to bruce is on the way.

OnTopic:
What about heat transfer when painting the engines ? Ofcourse water cooled engine are not that sensitive, but I know from the good old days powering aircooled vw beetle engines, that it was a bad idea to paint the engines because the paint heat isolates the block.

Cheers,

Daniel
77-1212596771

Postby larrycavan » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:12 am

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby larrycavan » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:18 am

Here's a gastank done with Metalcast.....
larrycavan
Site Admin

Return to General BS