[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - An "Old Friend"

An "Old Friend"

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM

Postby bruce » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:00 pm

Most everyone who comes to this forum shares the common bond of flowbenching but we never really get to know each other past that bond . . . well I'm sure some have formed friendships from here, I know I have . . .

Well anyways I'd like to take some time to reflect on an "Old Friend" I had for many years and had a chance this past week to say "hello" to again while on vacation.

I spent many years with this "Old Friend" in the cold, heat, rain you name it and we were together in it! I had to say good bye to this friend a few years ago due to things that happen in life beyond one's control . . . so let me share a few pics of this "Old Friend" with those who might be interested in seeing what came before my flowbench life.

"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby SWR » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:31 am

The good old C-130 "Herc"... :D Is that one used for atmospheric studies? I'm thinking of the pylons on the vertical fin...
SWR

Postby bruce » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:06 am

Sorry I didn't add more info last evening when I posted the pics . . . here is a link to some info on what we actually did with this aircraft.

I spent 23 years on the EC130 airframe and just shy of 13 of those on this specific airplane as an assistant crew chief. Spent a lot of time traveling all over the world. Course from my picture now you wouldn't think of me as a "trained killer" our job was actually to keep people from getting killed.
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby ThomasVaught » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:26 pm

Thanks for your service Bruce.

Tom V.
ThomasVaught

Postby racehead » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:10 pm

[color=#000000]That
racehead

Postby bruce » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:39 pm

My shop is always open to forum members that would like to visit, I've met a few "locals" and become good friends with a few of you and a close friend of one! Even some I've never met from other countries!

But hey that's what this forum is all about, you're all my "extended friends" even if we've never met!
bruce
Site Admin

Postby bruce » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:44 am

Here is a video a friend of mine posted on his Facebook page of my "Ole Buddy", I do not know the person who made the video though.

bruce
Site Admin

Postby emarsh » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:21 pm

pretty cool - if I had the time and money I'd like to get into aviation
emarsh

Postby jfholm » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:32 pm

If you guys want to see some neat stuff, go to google.com maps and go into satellite view and search two different areas. [u]Hill Air Force Base, Utah[u/] and zoom in and look all over. It is incredible and also on the top left area you will see the airplane muesum from the top.

Then do a search for [u]airplane graveyard, arizona[u/] this one will show you an airforce base by Tucson where they put all the surplus airplanes into "dry storage" That one is also incredible as there are hundreds of airplanes there. I cannot believe all of the B52 bombers there.

John
It is a wise man that learns from his mistakes, but it is a wiser man that learns from the mistakes of others.
jfholm

Return to General BS