[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Nice ratched shown to public in Europe

Nice ratched shown to public in Europe

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM

Postby 77-1212596771 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:40 pm

Guys, have you seen that new ratchets from the german company WERA?

They are called "Zyklop" and are a nice mixture of several ratchet styles.

Check out their video/presentation:

The ideas are not absolutely brand new. The swinging head was already invented many years ago by Facom and there are still ratchets with that style available from Genius Tools for a low(er) price.

However I really like their overall concept. WERA is a well known company and I am sure they quality will be very good.

When they are sold to a broader public, I will try to get at least a 1/2" and a 1/4" model and let you guys know.

Cheers,

Daniel
77-1212596771

Postby 77-1212596771 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:02 am

I ordered a 1/4" ratchet set and a single 1/2" ratchet. I will let you guys know how good they are.

In general I am working with Hazet and Stahlwille tools (and Primat, but that will be unknown outside Germany).

Cheers,

Daniel
77-1212596771

Postby bruce » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:57 am

That looks like the Cadillac of ratchet wrenches!!
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby 86rocco1 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:29 am

A friend of mine has a ratchet similar to that, it's over 40 years old and I think it originally came from Germany too.
86rocco1

Postby 86rocco1 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:03 am

I just found out Wera's north american office is just a few miles my home, maybe I'll check them out sometime.
86rocco1

Postby 77-1212596771 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:04 am

I received my ratchets on friday and I already be fallen in love with them.

I helped out a friend with getting a new wiring harness into his car and so I had to remove and build back douzends of 10mm screws and bolts. Especially turning it into the screwdriver angle helps a lot and speeds up to work.
Since we had just one set of 1/4 ratchet and sockets ( ? hope thats the right word), I bought the complete 1/4 inch set.

On 1/2 inch side, we already have 3 complete sets of ratchets and sockets, so I just ordered the single ratchet. I really would like to have this extension which can lock the socket, but the complete set of the Zyklop-1/2-Inch package was too expensive for me.

By the way: At the moment I can buy the single ratchets for:
1/4 Inch: 28 Euro (+ shipping)
3/8 Inch: 34 Euro (+ shipping)
1/2 Inch: 43 Euro (+ shipping)

That are ebay-buynow prices, which are significant cheaper than the official price, but eventually you can get them fow less in the states.

Cheers,

Daniel
77-1212596771

Return to General BS