[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - What is Daniel am doing at the moment ...

What is Daniel am doing at the moment ...

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM

Postby MrHijet » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:45 am

[color=#000000]The intake manifold (together with the throttle body and injectors) arrived. It getting more complicated than expected to align it to the stock ECU, but I have time for this later.

The famous Charade GTTI is nearly ready to hit the street. The car is completely assembled and just needs to be shown at the T
MrHijet

Postby bruce » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:12 pm

I could slip one of those engines in my garden tractor! To bad they don't have a class for that though . . .
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby MrHijet » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:56 pm

[color=#000000]By the way: In the time before christmas, I had to rebuild on engine of my daily driver. I collected the best parts of three different model generations and (how lucky I am) all my researches were right and the new engine is running very fine. At the moment it's still a (electric
controlled) carburator, but soon I will rebuild it to and EFI system.

At the same time I had to fix serious rust issues with the little Hijet (the second daily driver). I had to cut out the rear quarter of the bus and weld in a cut out exchange part, which I bought from a car crusher last summer. You can't get any repair metal parts for these Hijet vans, so you have to hunt cars which are used as spare parts.

Till I was able to use filler and paint it, it got cold in my city. The filler had one week to get dry and the temperatures dropped below 30 degree fahrenheit.

To the get metal at least a bit warm, I used my diesel heater, but it doesn't helped so much.

I really don't worry at working in a cold garage in the winter, but painting is painful. I had to stop the heater, because the spray could caught fire the 800
MrHijet

Postby 106-1194218389 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:25 pm

Nice looking Daniel. I love to see what is going on with the guys on this forum. It is the true spirit of Hot Rodding. Today too many people do "Shop" Rodding. Buy everything and then pay somebody else to put it together for them.

I have much more respect for something like you are doing over a $300,000 Hot Rod somebody had built for them by some "Professional" shop.

btw, I am really considering doing that $99 paint job that has been on the net where they roll on Rustoleum.

John
106-1194218389

Postby MrHijet » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:07 pm

Time for a little update.

I made a motor-swap on a Daihatsu Cuore (the one which should get the japanese engine soon). I removed the whole electric (and the carb-engine) and exchanged it with a modern EFI system (out of a 2000's model). Last weekend I finally run the rebuild car and so far, everything works again.

The craziest things are the multifunction switches at the steering column. I used the old one, which was stock on on the chassis and had to adapt all electric functions to the modern electric cabling. I am really relieved that it finally works, because I feared to end with a big incomplete project.

Starting in mid of may I am really free for new projects, so the flow bench can be completed.
MrHijet

Previous

Return to General BS