[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Think we have an addiction??

Think we have an addiction??

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM

Postby bruce » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:37 am

Checkout this site;

Now, they have a "problem" . . . looking at some of those garages makes me wonder if they ever work on anything in them? ???

Course I had to join the forum . . .
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby MrHijet » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:11 pm

Are you sure ?

I think, the japanese are far ahead. They even have a print magazine specially for Garages (and living in them).

Check out:

(Click on the left buttons 1 to 6 to see some examples )

Daniel
MrHijet

Postby 49-1183904562 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:30 pm

[color=#000000]Well I understand there obsession, this is to my temporary home I built this carriage house about 14 years ago with the intention of building the main house later. We have about 3.5 acres and this building sets in the back right of the wooded lot, it is 36 X 50 and except for the foyer the entire downstairs is my shop, 13 foot ceiling and all. It was a dream for me to build such a building I designed it engineered it and did everything except the drywall which the entire shop is 5/8X fire board so now you understand why I didn
49-1183904562

Postby bruce » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:41 pm

I tried to buy a house with a barn or large outbuilding back in 90-91 but the houses were below my wife's standards. You couldn't find a nice house and barn/garage for our price range. Ended up settling for a ranch house with a large 2 car garage underneath with a basement in the other half. I have enough land to someday build an outbuilding but doubt that will ever happen (please buy more parts :) )
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby 49-1183904562 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:52 pm

Bruce

At the time it was our life savings and every day for two years while I worked a full time job with travel.

Rick
49-1183904562

Postby bruce » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:02 pm

I could not even imagine building a house! Crap look how long it took me to build my PTS bench . . . I'd be to anal about making all my wood joints tight.
bruce
Site Admin

Postby jfholm » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:26 pm

Went with my cousin to look at the Top Fueler he is working on. It was interesting since they are doing it the old fashion way and the only sponsor is their own wallets. BUT, while I found the T/F dragster neat the other cars I saw there were more interesting to me. The guy who owns the garage is building a nostalgic gasser out of the 55 Chev. Tat is also his '49 Chev.

John

It is a wise man that learns from his mistakes, but it is a wiser man that learns from the mistakes of others.
jfholm

Postby msj442 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:57 pm

i never could understand how most of these guys get all there stuff much less the nice shop. its so hard to get everything a guy wants. i work a job for 18.00 an hour and do side stuff and find that i still dont have near the toys that some other people have. i must have different priorities i guess. thank god bruce had an affordable dm. :p
msj442

Postby msj442 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:25 pm

man i looked at your link bruce and it freggin blows my mind on the equipment these guys have at there disposal to put up there shop. my friend BOB (bobcat) and myself put up a 30x45 pole barn. the trusses where interesting to say the least at putting up. i do not like heights at all but managed to tin this thing too.

max
msj442

Postby jfholm » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:18 pm

Max I know just how you feel! I have a garage that I made out of my carport attached to my house. It is only a car and a half wide. I am having trouble just getting it insulated. One of these days. Bet you and I don't owe many people much money either. Just keep at it though as that is what we can do.

John
It is a wise man that learns from his mistakes, but it is a wiser man that learns from the mistakes of others.
jfholm

Postby msj442 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:47 am

thanks john for relating.

max
msj442

Postby 49-1183904562 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:06 pm

Max,

You should of seen the fun putting shingles on that building in the middle of December... 12:12 pitch peak if 34 feet off the deck.

Rick
49-1183904562

Return to General BS