[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - A question for all you aviation buffs.

A question for all you aviation buffs.

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM

Postby 86rocco1 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:04 pm

I work at a civilian airport in Canada, a few minutes ago, an F-18 just rattled my office windows with a high speed low and over, nothing all that unusual about that except that this aircraft didn't have the usual tone on tone gray paint job. It had a very unusual, non-military looking blue and gold paint scheme that I've never seen before. I assume it must be from some flight demonstration squadron, my first thought was the Blue Angels so I went to their website to see what their current paint scheme is like but no match so unless they've very recently changed their colours, it wasn't one of their aircraft. So my question is, who the heck flies blue and gold F-18s?
86rocco1

Postby 86rocco1 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:11 pm

I emailed a friend of mine with this question too and he replied with this picture. The Canadian military painted up one of it's CF-18s like this to commemorate the centennial of the first heavier than air powered flight in Canada.
86rocco1

Postby jfholm » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:13 pm

:D That is Las Vegas Nevada, USA Camo paint
It is a wise man that learns from his mistakes, but it is a wiser man that learns from the mistakes of others.
jfholm

Postby slracer » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:41 pm

Ed, I hope that the pic is NOT of your airport right now! That white stuff looks an awful lot like snow! I prefer my white ground to TASTE like salt!

John, tell the Las Vegas Air Police that the camo doesn't work on snowy days! -- Doug

PS - It is a great paint job! Maybe I can copy it to my bike?
I choose NOT to be an ordinary man because it is my right to be uncommon if I can! - unknown
slracer

Postby coulterracn » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:44 pm

I thought it was New Orleans Mardi Gras camo!

Ray
"I know I'm in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here"
coulterracn

Postby 86rocco1 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:13 am

86rocco1

Return to General BS