[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Cleaning Injectors?

Cleaning Injectors?

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM

Postby bruce » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:12 pm

I purchased/won ($14.86 on eBay) a spare fuel rail for my "project" and it had 6 injectors attached (added bonus). They are in need of some attention and was wondering if anyone has messed with injectors?

Found a BUNCH of info on the net, along with spare caps, seals etc pretty inexpensive considering what rebuilt injectors cost.
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Flash » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:50 pm

Bruce, this is how i clean injectors
I would say 90% are still good but have collected lots of ....stuff that can be clean with a 9V battery and some carb cleaner and perform just as good as $$$$$ new one.

Make your self up a couple of jumper wires that you can connect between the inj and 9V battery.
Connect negative side from battery to inj. connect positive jumper to 9V only.
now make the injector pulse by tapping the free wire to the inj connector. Does it click? if so continue.

Have a piece of white paper in font of you (visual affect that it's getting cleaned :) )

With a can of regular old carb spray, spray carb clean "BACK WORDS" threw the injector, while you pulse it. A second, or a couple of extra hand help a lot here.
You will create several Black ring of.....stuff on the white paper.

A simpler way, although not as affective is to spray carb cleaner in the inlet, are and then, SMACK it hard on the table. Junk will fall on the white paper as well.

Now that there clean you can reinstall then with new O- Rings and lock then into place on the fuel rail.

Connect pressure and return lines up(if it is a return fuel system??) pressure up the system buy jumping the fuel pump relay.

NO leaks?.......... good, now add a clean sheet of white paper in front of each inj. and fire it as describe above.

If you have a good pattern your done, if not, toss it in the trash and start over.
Most injector failures are from the screen being plugged, then the inj its self.

:)
It really does work quite well.
Gordon
Flash

Postby bruce » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:24 pm

I've not seen this way on the net . . . sounds easy enough!

I plan on replacing the screens/filters they come in the kit with the o-rings and pintle caps mine are missing.

Right now I'm just on the information gathering phase
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Flash » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:28 pm

Gordon
Flash

Postby MrHijet » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:31 am

Check out the typical stores for the "megasquirt" ECU kits (e.g. , etc).

The also sell injector testers prebuild or as a DIY kit. You can perfectly use these injector testers to clean and double check the injectors before installing them in your engine. They aren't expensive, I think it was something around 40-50 Euros.

Daniel
MrHijet

Postby Greg » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:13 pm

I have a customer who built his own cleaning unit using a pulse generator (I think he found the plans on an internet forum) and one of those ebay ultrasonic cleaners made for jewelery etc.

He reckons it works brilliantly.
Greg

Postby 86rocco1 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:48 pm

86rocco1

Postby Greg » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:29 am

He puts them in a pot or something of injector cleaner and sits that in the fluid in the ultrasonic cleaner. That's what I understood anyway. I'll get more details next time he is around.
Greg

Postby larrycavan » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:10 pm

Ok Bruce...now there's another gizmo to build :D

Not to argue with anyone on this...but I have to question shocking the injector by smacking the throttle body onto a bench surface.

I would not think those small movable components would like that very much...
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby Flash » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:58 pm

Gordon
Flash

Return to General BS