[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - 79 Kawasaki - my way

79 Kawasaki - my way

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM

Postby larrycavan » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:50 pm

After 21 years, the motor is in the frame.
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby slracer » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:28 pm

SWEET! I'm looking forward to seeing you on it on the road! Maybe at Bonneville? -- Doug
PS - "...21 years" makes me feel better! It took me 17 years to finish my MGTD! :p :D
I choose NOT to be an ordinary man because it is my right to be uncommon if I can! - unknown
slracer

Postby jfholm » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:36 pm

Aw, I got you both beat! My Nova wagon has been in my garage since 1984. I had the engine complete once but pulled the heads to put some newer style heads on it. Needed a flow bench to do it and that is why I am here.

25 years and counting. I am actually starting to make progress now.

Larry the bike looks great! Doug, at least you have set a record! :D You guys are way ahead of me, but I'll catch you. :;):

JOhn
It is a wise man that learns from his mistakes, but it is a wiser man that learns from the mistakes of others.
jfholm

Postby Scott H » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:12 am

Larry,

It looks good! Am I remembering 1979 wrong or have you made some serious suspension mods?

Scott
Scott H

Postby larrycavan » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:36 am

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby Scott H » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:01 pm

I thought so. I have to say it looks like a factory installation. Nice work!!
Scott H

Postby larrycavan » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:21 pm

Thanks Scott..... It's been a long road to get to this point. Lots of Ebay scouting and a lot more money than I anticipated in the beginning. Kicker is the big parts, swingarm, forks, wheels, etc., didn't cost all that much money. It was all the little things that come in tiny boxes and cost hundres in the door.... :D
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby 49-1183904562 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:08 pm

[color=#000000]Larry,

Is the style going to be sort of a Naked sport Bike, or do you plan on body work? I do like where you are going with this classic, should really turn some heads especially us old timers that remember when the KZ was it!.. (Not that it still isn
49-1183904562

Postby larrycavan » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:02 pm

[quote="1960FL"][color=#000000]Larry,

Is the style going to be sort of a Naked sport Bike, or do you plan on body work? I do like where you are going with this classic, should really turn some heads especially us old timers that remember when the KZ was it!.. (Not that it still isn
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby 49-1183904562 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:46 pm

Larry;

Being a motorcycle lover and not just a Harley Dude I really like where you are going, Mono rear, cleaned up frame, inverted front, late model rims..... Have you picked paint yet? Pipes 4 into 1 or 4 into 2? Are you going to go EFI?

Rick
49-1183904562

Postby slracer » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:24 pm

Larry, Is this the bike getting the Corbin seat? I think you posted some pics in an earlier thread. You are making me want to get back to the laydown bike in the shop! Right now, I'm trying to get enough spacers to put the motor and wheel sprockets in the same line. Someone told me this was a good idea! :p

Doug
I choose NOT to be an ordinary man because it is my right to be uncommon if I can! - unknown
slracer

Postby 49-1183904562 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:40 am

Doug,

Which line is that Up and Down or Side to Side? :p

Rick
49-1183904562

Postby larrycavan » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:43 am

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby larrycavan » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:46 am

Forgot to post this pic in my reply.

Here's an earlier photo prior to a lot of paint work I completed last month.

Still need to do the tank, tail and side covers.

Seat is a Corbin.
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby larrycavan » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:02 pm

Doug,

I had to run an offset countershaft sprocket for this bike and some machining was done to the rear sprocket carrier to line things up. Here's a pic that shows the CS sprocket better.

As you can see, it's made to accept an outboard bearing setup. I won't need that on this bike.
larrycavan
Site Admin

Next

Return to General BS