[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Did we really land men on the moon?

Did we really land men on the moon?

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM

Postby jfholm » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:15 pm

Since today is being touted as the anniversary of us landing men on the moon I am going to stir the pot up (just for fun) Did we really do it?

I say YES! Here is why:

1- I have a high school buddy, Jay Moore, who was on the USS Hornet for the recovery process of Apollo 11 and 12. He saw them come in from the sky and help in the process once they were back on the carrier. He met the astronauts.

2- My brother had a large mirrored telescope and the night before they landed on the moon we were looking at the moon. Very bright and we were able to see the shadow, albeit very small, of the command module with the Lunar landing module still attached to it going across the face of the moon as it was orbitting. Looke like a little bug.

3- and also "I believe because the truth is out there" just ask Mulder.

John :D
It is a wise man that learns from his mistakes, but it is a wiser man that learns from the mistakes of others.
jfholm

Postby emarsh » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:52 pm

I think that those who deny that we landed men on the moon lack imagination.
emarsh

Postby 49-1183904562 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:58 pm

I bielive as i was setting in the obsevation area of the misson control center at Goddard space flight center Greenbelt MD as a 8 year old boy who's father worked on the project. A special moment in my life.

But i am not sure there was only one shooter in Texas ???

Rick
49-1183904562

Postby jfholm » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:02 pm

It is a wise man that learns from his mistakes, but it is a wiser man that learns from the mistakes of others.
jfholm

Postby bruce » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:33 pm

"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby jfholm » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:20 pm

Very interesting indeed. Thanks Bruce
jfholm

Postby slracer » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:56 pm

I was lucky enough to have worked at NASA Houston as a Co-operative Education (aka Co-Op) student starting in the summer of 1963 and continuing through the spring of 1966, then finished my senior year at Kansas State Univ without further interruption. During that time I saw an awful lot of dedicated people who were working toward that goal of putting someone on the moon "and returning them safely to Earth" before the end of the decade! And Houston was just the tip of the iceberg. There is no way that all those people were fooled or involved. Hanging on my shop wall right now is the outer window from a Mercury capsule labelled "Use on capsule 10" (if you remember, the 7th astronaut did not fly in Mercury due to a heart murmur) and below it is a somewhat tattered paperback of "We 7, a story by the astronauts themselves". I'll get a pic of that "shrine" and post it tomorrow! The book contains the autographs of Scott Carpenter and John Glenn. (Why I did not get the others, to this day I cannot tell you!) I used to have a small screw from the door of Ed White's Gemini capsule when the local tech guy at Ellington AFB, Tx took the door apart to try to figure out why it didn't latch completely after the first walk in space, causing all of NASA to hold their collective breath during re-entry waiting for capsule communication to begin again. Unfortunately, I lost that piece somewhere in my numerous travels / moves. No, it happened! The people who say it didn't don't believe in Mulder either :p and they don't live 60 miles from Roswell (and even closer to THAT crash site)!

The real question today is "Should we go back to the moon (and establish a base), or go to Mars?"

JMO - Doug
I choose NOT to be an ordinary man because it is my right to be uncommon if I can! - unknown
slracer

Postby coulterracn » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:25 am

I say we make a stop at the moon on our way to mars just because we can. We need a real contractor to step up to the task of doing it on a real budget and not the usual inflated over budget contract.

Now that's one for the books!

Ray
"I know I'm in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here"
coulterracn

Postby 49-1183904562 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:46 pm

John you know i was just Stiring the S__FF :D
49-1183904562

Postby bruce » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:14 pm

I watch the specials they had on last night about the landing and it took me back in time!

I can only imagine what it was like to know people who were involved . . . me, I just got to stay up late on a Summer evening in 1969 and watch it on our old B&W TV.
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby jfholm » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:52 pm

jfholm

Postby larrycavan » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:44 pm

Moon landings.....Magic bullets......well let me tell you guys a thing or two.

Both are real and have been verified by the Easter Bunny, Santa & the Tooth Fairy.

:D
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby larrycavan » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:52 pm

forgot this
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby slracer » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:01 pm

Larry, You could say that one of these was really from outer space (but not alien), but since the capsule never flew, it wouldn't be true! :p This is one corner of my "office" with one type of a Shrine to Speed. The other corner is loaded with Bonneville posters, books, and models. :D I'll send a blowup of the book in this pic as it has the autographs mentioned earlier. -- Doug
I choose NOT to be an ordinary man because it is my right to be uncommon if I can! - unknown
slracer

Postby slracer » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:23 pm

Here's what the inside cover of the book looks like! -- Doug
slracer

Next

Return to General BS