[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - fitting up parts on my KZ - my project bike

fitting up parts on my KZ - my project bike

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM

Postby larrycavan » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:20 pm

My project KZ streetfighter. Test fitting some parts this afternoon.
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby 115-1172523331 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:58 pm

That looks like some ride! Especially on the pillion seat! Take to Bonneville in Sept for a "Run what ya brung"!

Doug
115-1172523331

Postby bruce » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:33 am

"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby larrycavan » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:20 am

Been a fair bit of work to get this far. Here's what I stared with in mid summer of 06.
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby 115-1172523331 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:12 am

Larry, Some of those "little" projects have a way of growing don't they? As Bruce says "Road Trip"! The BUB meet in September allows any bike (inspected for safety only) to make 2 passes through the official course and you get a timing certificate verifying your speed. In '05 (last time I inspected for that meet), it cost $100. (You could also pay another $100 and make 2 more passes as long as you wanted.) Check it out here:

I'm thinking about taking the street toy (an '89 Honda Pacific Coast) for a "Road Trip" and spend a couple of days there while going "elsewhere". It won't go on the Salt however as I don't have a month to take it apart and clean it inside all those body panels.
:D

Here is the latest on my new toy for '09. Got the fairing from a friend of a friend who had it for 20+ years and never put it on his bike (which he no longer had) so donated it to the cause! Now I have to figure out where to position it and how much has to get cut off to meet the rules, and how much I have to add to get it "right".

Good luck! -- Doug
115-1172523331

Postby bruce » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:52 am

I just find it amazing the varied motorsport venues reflected in this forum! We all have some pretty unique toys!!

Doug's cycle is just my size

Edited By bruce on 1208706839
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby hdwgfx » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:07 am

nice project larry, I like the suspension mods...cool
Thanks,
david
hdwgfx

Postby 115-1172523331 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:27 am

I took at look at the BUB site myself and see that it is $150 for "Run what ya brung". Still beats the $500 for Speed Week! As an inspector, I only get to run when it "slows down" so I have averaged 3 runs during the week. The good news is I get to make one early AM (during the record rins)! :D

Pic is front view! Fairing is slightly off center as it is still unattached.

Doug
115-1172523331

Postby larrycavan » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:49 am

Cool little bike....what is it?
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby larrycavan » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:54 am

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby 115-1172523331 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:38 pm

Hi Larry, The bike started life as a C200, the original Honda 90 (or Touring 90). It came with a pushrod engine. When Honda switched to OHC, they called them CT90's and the "Touring" version was dropped (I believe). This one has had the (pressed steel) frame SECTIONED 2" and the rear half of a C110 (50cc version) grafted on. The front forks (with leading link suspension) were also shortened and the rear shocks were replaced with fixed struts. A thinner seat was fitted to drop the top of seat height by nearly 6". What you can't see just under my nose is a periscope which will look out through a (to be added) transparent window in the nose. I raised the rear of the tank to fill the void between it and my body (for when it runs without the fairing) and a MyChron computer (data acq package) goes into that hole. The display unit is between the mirrors in the periscope. The motor is the reason I'm on this forum. It's a hemi with a 52mm bore (+3) and 46mm stroke and about 12:1 compression. Pistons are from a CB175 twin (stock Honda). I can go 2nd oversize and still be in 100cc class. (I might need the extra 2.3cc some day!) Current records for Partial Streamlined, 100cc pushrod engined Special Construction class at BV is around 65mph for either gas or fuel (most people run gas in fuel class unless there is a REAL fuel bike running - saves the engine and reduces the cost of changing class).

Tell me what made you decide on the MegaSquirt? Did you buy one or do a build it yourself? I want to run FI (and a blower) on the 100 someday. If the thought of a blown, FI, nitro burning 100cc single doesn't make you giggle, you don't have a sense of humor! I bought a CBR600 F4 throttle body setup on eBay to use as the basis, but that is still a ways off. One of the racers at BV is a Powertrain engineer for GM and says he will help with mechanical FI & a blower (his specialties). A Boeing engineer friend (from my former life) says I should look at the MegaSquirt.

Keep us up to date on the streetfighter, it looks like fun!

Doug

PS - What is your website? I was there once but have lost it!
115-1172523331

Postby 106-1194218389 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:48 pm

Doug,
I have a couple of friends here in Salt Lake City, Father and Son team, building a 50cc turbo charged Honda. It is cute and they have really done their home work. I sure hope it runs for their sake. I also hope your really scoots also.

John
106-1194218389

Postby larrycavan » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:58 pm

Doug,

I've been looking at the Megasquirt for a couple of years. Back in the 80's I did quite a few GPz11's and converted some to Keihin CRS 33 smoothbore carbs. I hung onto the fuel injection from one, knowing that DFI was going to rule one day and someone would have a programmable computer. That day is here.

I hung onto those throttle bodies for 20 years. Then trusted Bruce to modify them the way I wanted them done. He did an excellent job too.

Megasquirt designed the Microsquirt for motorcycle type applications. Very small. Has ignition build it as well if one decides to take that route. Maybe later on.

There are dozens of success stories out there on MS systems from bikes, to atv's to cars...you name it. Someond as MS'd it
:D
You can use MAP or Alpha-N configurations with the MS. I'm probably going to go Alpah-N because I expect MAP issues with the cams I'm going to run in my 1166 motor. As I dive into the deeper, I'll start a fresh thread on it. Hopefully we can get something really good happening on that topic. There are guys on here that I know are very sharp with good input that I'm hoping to draw from.

Larry C

Edited By larrycavan on 1208826332
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby bruce » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:40 pm

bruce
Site Admin

Postby 106-1194218389 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:12 pm

That is why you stand in front of the lathe so the part has something soft to bounce off of :;):
106-1194218389

Next

Return to General BS