[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Oh crap!

Oh crap!

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM

Postby 106-1194218389 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:14 pm

Malvin, I would love to see your results :D I was thinking of building some with fins on the back to increase the surface area to radiate more heat into the room. I would love to see your readings. btw what part of the World do you live in? I am also very interested in wind generation of electricity and solar power. Also DIY projects. Take a look at this site. I have already bought the magnets for this project. and let me warn you these magnets are strong. They "WILL" take a finger nail off and cause blood blisters if you are not careful with them, I know from personal experience. After I had caused a very nice blood blister letting 2 snap together on my finger my wife in near hysterical laughter reads the warning label on the box "Keep out of reach of children, can cause harm" ???
John
106-1194218389

Postby 106-1194218389 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:18 pm

106-1194218389

Postby Malvin » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:22 am

Thanks for the link jfholm I check in to wind. zoning does not let wind generators to loud they say. I live in Central PA I am thinking of solar my house gets sun light all day long. I have a 2 foot by 2 foot 1/4" steel plate I put it out side to day in the sun light for three hours and check it with my Infrared thermometer W/Laser and it was reading 205 deg in temp but for some reason I just had to touch it yep it was very hot burn my fingers tips my son thought that was funny going to put some copper pipe on the back of it with water in the pipe and check it see how hot it gets. :) Malvin
Malvin

Postby 106-1194218389 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:24 pm

106-1194218389

Postby 49-1183904562 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:50 pm

[color=#000000]John, Malvin,

I built my place about 15 years ago it is a Carriage House (Big Garage) the entire downstairs is my shop (1800 sq/ft) is unconditioned except for wood/oil stove the upstairs is our apartment LP gas heat. The entire back is southern exposure and where I plan to build and place my Solar Panels as you said tilting them back 45 deg. My idea is to start with 4, 2 x4 units, a basic box design with black background and use HW baseboard fin-tube to pick up the heat. Most of what I have read so far says each panel is capable of increasing the temperature of the fluid to about 145 degrees on a full sun 30 degree day. My thinking is to build a large heat exchanger and just pump all this heat into the shop during the day for now, uncontrolled at first. Shop should stay cozy with minimal stove use on good day
49-1183904562

Postby Malvin » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:38 pm

Hi John & 1960fl To day when I had time I was making a tank to hold water out of a propane tank had to drill it for a pipe fitting then a pressure gauge also but did not get it all done.was working on PTS Flow Bench trying to get it all done I am very busy with engine work more than I thought I would be this year I like to do port work and flow testing more than engine assemblys only because some people want to take short cuts I will not do that at all. It pisses them off I just tell them if want me to do that take it some where else. now sorry for getting off track guys. I was thinking of building a box to put on my roof with pipe in it also to heat the water but want to finsh my little 2x2 foot set up first and see what kind of heat and pressure it makes I do beleve you 1960fl that 145 degrees with water or fuild I know when I check that plate and it was 205 deg that it would have no problem making water 145 deg at all. Thanks :) Malvin
Malvin

Previous

Return to General BS