[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - help identifying valve refacer collet

help identifying valve refacer collet

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM

Postby 99R/T » Fri May 02, 2008 6:28 pm

I just bought an old Snap-On valve refacer (made by K.O.Lee, also sold under the B&D and Winona brands) and the spring collet was damaged- one of the spring arms snapped- during shipping.

Can anyone tell me what other collets might be adaptable to this application? I can't seem to find any replacement parts through the manufacturers, it seems everything has been discontinued.

Everything else on the machine works great and its been freshened up recently. It just has 0.050" runout at the valve There's gotta be a way to fix it.

Thanks,

John
99R/T

Postby larrycavan » Fri May 02, 2008 8:30 pm

Your local Snap On guy probably won't be much help but if you can find the B&D model equivelant, I think you can get the part you're after. Search Google using any / all known model numbers of the machine. There are quite a few suppliers out there still.

Larry C
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby bruce » Fri May 02, 2008 8:50 pm

[color=#000000]Have you checked with Goodson?

I think this is what you are looking for it's on page 39 of the Goodson PDF catalog:

Collet for Black & Decker Valve Refacers
Replaces out-of-production OE
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby 106-1194218389 » Fri May 02, 2008 10:15 pm

A friend of mine has a Quikway facer and I think if I remember right it uses a collet just like that.

John
106-1194218389

Postby Dave W » Sun May 04, 2008 1:59 pm

Dave W

Postby 99R/T » Sun May 04, 2008 2:08 pm

99R/T

Postby Jginger » Wed May 07, 2008 9:46 am

I have one of those collets that you can have, but it has some runout.
I converted mine to ER25 collets, I ca`nt seem to get it deadnuts but got to less than .001, still have to hunt for that sweet spot.

email me at Jginger1942@aol.com if your interested.
Jginger

Postby Dave W » Sat May 10, 2008 12:08 pm

Dave W

Postby Jginger » Sat May 10, 2008 9:23 pm

not sure how to post pics, but if you send me your email
address I will send you some pics.

p.s. I posted that I used ER25 collets, that is incorrect I used
ER20 collets

my machine is a Black & Decker.
Jginger

Return to General BS