[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Pet Peeve!

Pet Peeve!

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM

Postby bruce » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:34 am

Ok I'm going to vent a tad . . . one of my pet peeves I have goes something like this . . . if you PM or emaill me asking about something and I send you a reply back please have the courtesy to email me back saying "thank you" nothing irritates me more than replying to someone and then not hearing anything back from them ever again!

I do realize that everyone's life is hectic sometimes, but how hard is it to reply with a "thank you" so I know you at least appreciated myself or someone else replying back to you? I answer all the emails/PMs I get related to my website/forum I don't have all the answers and if I don't, I know who will here and I send that person to them for the info they seek . . . so please extend the courtesy of saying "thanks" to whomever replys to you.

Its just good manners :)

While I am on a roll here my other one is all the people who have used this forum to build a flowbench and saved alot of money but never seem to take the time to make a small donation to help maintain the vast flowbench resource we have here.

There are a few out there who have taken the time to make a donation and I DO APPRECIATE thier donation some donate the knowledge they have and post daily to keep this forum going and I DO APPRECIATE that more than a $$$ donation.

Over the past couple of months I have seriously considered making some parts of the forum members only with a yearly subscription for access but feel the forum would lose something if I did that.

So basically what I am saying is . . . if you feel you saved money by anything here please pass along a small donation to help myself defer the cost of keeping this forum alive. One thing I have found funny since making new members email me before having access is the amount of them that say they will make a donation but then somehow never follow through with that statement (one even asked for my address so they could mail a donation cause they didn't like paypal, humm never got anything in the mail yet). I didn't add that step to the new member registration for that purpose and will not deny anyone access if they don't donate but don't tell me something and then never follow though with it!

Heck if you don't want to donate and not get something in return buy an orifice plate for your money, it all goes towards the forum upkeep.

Ok I'm done ranting now . . .
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Tony » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:20 pm

Both valid points Bruce, there is no excuse for rudeness. Just a one word e-mail does not take very long to send.

The subject of donations is a tricky one. Some of us may be full time students, and others may be retired with quite limited financial resources. So it may not always be just a case of apathy.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

Return to General BS