[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Endyn forum shut down

Endyn forum shut down

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM

Postby RRBD » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:54 pm

Does anyone know why the Endyn forum is shut down? Yup, as of 7/24/05....

Bruce, If you need help with your forum,moderaters,money,whatever please ask before you shut it down, I'd hate to lose this one as well.

Are there any other good forums, I really enjoyed the Endyn one even though they were mostly honda stuff.
RRBD

Postby SWB » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:05 pm

www.speedtalk.com is still a good one.

"TOO" is probably just reducing the workload for awhile and I wouldn't blame him. The forums over there have really deteriorated into a chatroom like atmosphere and it's too much stuff to have to read through to get to the meat of the conversation.
SWB

Postby bruce » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:34 pm

No plans on this forum going away!

Might move it sometime down the road to another URL than tractorsport.com (there would be a forwarding link to the new address) but it will still be around. It is going to outgrow the database format it is now on and I need to think about setting it up as an SQL (what ever that is) but for now its on the back-of-my-mind. It is not consuming alot of my time since the varied knowledge of everyone on here answer the questions that pop-up (not that I am anywhere near an expert on anything that gets discussed on here) so in that respect it is self supporting.

As for the cost to run it, I have plenty of space on my webhost so thats not a problem, yearly cost for my webspace is quite reasonable, bandwidth is not that big an issue right now but in the past 2-3 weeks daily hits are up on the average of 50. I don't run this forum to make money since I learn as much as everyone else that comes here and that to me is worth what it costs. My limited sales of pitot tubes and orifice plates helps offset some of my costs.

I'd have to say the friendships with those of you whom I have the pleasure of chatting with off-forum have been the best part of this whole experience, THANKS!! (Thats not to say that I don't have alot of online friendships here on the forum also) I'm sure you all feel the same way since I know you all have formed friends with other users here that you never knew before coming here . . . please don't send me any "congrats" I'm not looking for any I'm just providing a service we can all use . . .
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby larrycavan » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:31 pm

test post
larrycavan
Site Admin

Return to General BS