[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - heating shop w/ high prices

heating shop w/ high prices

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM

Postby msj442 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:48 pm

just thought i would ask everyone what they preferred to heat there shop with in these trying times.
do most of you heat all the time? i know you big boys do , but just curious about the regular guys. i was heating mine all the time but got pricey , now i just heat when im in there. but that sucks too cuz it takes twice as long as everthing has to come up to temp. just like to see what other people are doing. this is the bs section so, lets here it.
thanks, max
msj442

Postby 106-1194218389 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:16 am

[color=#000000]Max,
Do you have any windows that face the sun in your shop? I think we actually discussed this once here on this forum.

My cousin hung some aluminum plate on his inside walls at the windows facing south. The bottom of the plates was attached at the lower edge of the windows and tilted into the room at roughly a 45
106-1194218389

Postby bruce » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:22 am

I use a mobile home hot air oil furnace that I salvaged, made a plenum for it to sit on. I have a 15 gallon tank that I fill as required from a local place that sells fuel oil by the gallon, usually 4-5 gallons at a time. It works quite well, I have become an excellent oil burner mechanic along the way as it always seems to have something wrong with the nozzle. Guess I should buy a new one as this one keeps getting clogged up from time-to-time.

It does not take long to heat my shop up, is pretty cheap over all (now that fuel oil is down in price again) and I only run it when I'm in the shop. I would not trust running it un-attended as it lacks it's safety features.

Edited By bruce on 1231763022
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby blaktopr » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:30 pm

Lots of clothes. :D If it's really bad, propane heater. I have a wood stove, but have not installed it yet. The cold don't really get to me when I'm having fun.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby msj442 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:08 pm

thanks guys just wanted to see if there is regular guys out there that think of these things.
good one chris.lol i am just going to keep widling away at putting in insulation in the ceiling and getting the ceiling in so it is at 10' all over. its a pole building 30x50 that has the head shop i call it, partitioned off that is easier to heat.it only has 7' ceilings in the partitioned part, but one day i think it would be nice to have the whole thing insulated. :D maybe someday.

thanks for relating guys!!!!!
msj442

Postby MrHijet » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:34 pm

I am using a small diesel heater made by Guede (Guede GD 10) . It heats at 10kw at around 0.8 liter per hour. It's enough for my small garage.

I heats quite well and since it just uses standard diesel, I can get it even in the night, if I have some emergency work at the week end ;)

See:

Cheers,

Daniel
MrHijet

Return to General BS