Band saw

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM

Postby Mousehouse1 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:40 pm

Who makes a good small band saw that has metal cutting blades available for home use?
Mousehouse1

Postby Nick » Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:03 am

I've looked at them from Horrible Freight, and Grizzly. Others carry the same imported tools. I would say Grizzly just because there customer service seems to be better and I think they have a warranty. You could pay a lot more for a better quality tool, but for home use I would go with a import and save some coin. Also the higher quality stuff has a blade welder on it. This saves some money on blades, but I guess it's all in how much you use it. JMO

Nick
Nick

Postby Mousehouse1 » Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:17 pm

I found several band saws that I like but haven't been able to find metal blades that will fit them. Most of the small band saws I guess are for wood and they don't make metal blades for them. I might have to go with a little bigger model just to find a metal blade. Delta has one that isn't to big that has a metal blade. Craftsman has one of their bigger models but I am getting limited on space so I was trying to keep it to a table model or small standing one.

I will keep looking and see what I can find.

Harbor Freight and others have some good items but I have also bought some under powered ones. I try not to buy power tools from those places. I usually end up replacing them with something better later down the road.
Mousehouse1

Return to General BS