[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Decals

Decals

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM

Postby bruce » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:11 am

Does anyone have experience with getting decals made? I would like to get some simple decals made of my logo in various sizes. I did a Yahoo and Goggle search and there are companies all over who do this but I'd prefer dealing with someone who someone else I know has dealt with already.

Any good leads? Thanks in advance . . .
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby 86rocco » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:21 am

Way back when I was just out of high school, I worked for a company (now defunct) that was in the graphics industry, and from that experience, I can tell you that getting decals made is no big deal just about any local print shop or sign maker can do it for you. I'd suggest that you go visit a few, most will gladly discuss your options, show you some examples of their work and work out estimate for you.
86rocco

Postby wing64k » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:27 pm

Bruce,try www.scsigns.net,he is the guy who does my sprint cars and he's close to you,Lansdale,Pa.

Dean
wing64k

Postby Tony » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:53 pm

I have not actually had decals made, but a few years back when I was in business, I had some professionally made up multi colored printed plastic front panels for electronic equipment made up.

86rocco is on the right track. Go and sniff out a few local printing companies around your own area that you can locate from the telephone book. Commercial printing is a very competitive business these days. They will be more than happy to show you samples of their work they have completed for other customers. It will give you a very good idea of what is possible, and the costs involved for different alternative materials, techniques, adhesives, and quantities.

The first thing they will probably ask you is "do you have the artwork with you", and "what format is it in". These days it would probably be some sort of CAD file rather than an actual physical photographic transparency as it was back when I did it.

Visiting the premises, discussing ideas, and seeing samples of their work is far better than dealing with anonymous strangers over the internet. Otherwise, what you eventually receive may not be at all anything like what you expected.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

Postby gofaster » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:27 pm

Something to consider is how many designs scripts, logos etc..., that you can you can fit on a pane. My son's business does more with decals than I ever thought about. One of the things he does to save money is to have each sheet filled with different sized logo's and images that he can cut out for different applications.
Like 86rocco said, you should find this easy to source locally.
Jim
gofaster

Postby Hopper » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:21 pm

Hopper

Return to General BS