[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - AMA Bike Race Utah 2008 - At Miller Motor Sports Park

AMA Bike Race Utah 2008 - At Miller Motor Sports Park

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM

Postby 106-1194218389 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:37 pm

Here are some pictures of the Bike Race here in Utah.
AMA #2 in points Mat Mladin crash

106-1194218389

Postby 106-1194218389 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:43 pm

More Bike Race pictures

106-1194218389

Postby larrycavan » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:47 pm

Poor Mat.....he's getting too old for that game. One #### of a racer though. I've seen him do things that just boggle my mind. Like when he saved it at about 130+ mph when his rear tire blew a couple years back. Did Suzuki dominate the top positions?

Thanks for posting those too :D

Edited By larrycavan on 1212547711
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby 106-1194218389 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:50 pm

[color=#000000]Suzuki looked strong but here is the first part of results from

TOOELE VALLEY, UTAH (June 1, 2008)
106-1194218389

Postby larrycavan » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:19 am

I still wish Rob Muzzy could be coaxed back into road racing. I miss the days of the green bikes being dominant......I am partial to the Kaws. Always have been.

After Rob Muzzy left the game, the green bikes have never been the competitors they once were.
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby 106-1194218389 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:33 pm

Well here is the photo that got me busted. My buddy who works the driving school said let me take your picture by the GT Ford. I say "OK" and he takes my camera and just as he gets ready to click he has these two young things step into the picture and there you have why I had to explain to my wife why I "really" like the races.
John

106-1194218389

Postby larrycavan » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:20 pm

Where's the photo of you wearing the frying pan [after the wife saw the photo] :D
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby 106-1194218389 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:02 am

I'll reply as soon as the broken jaw heals :;):

John
106-1194218389

Postby 77-1212596771 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:59 am

77-1212596771

Postby 106-1194218389 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:23 pm

I went to out to Miller Motor Sports Park today to help my friend Bill with his Mini. It needs a new head gasket. It is a "real" Mini from the '60's. 1275cc engine in race form. Bill works for the driving school out there. They have at least 30 Ford Mustangs with Roush engines and set up with racing suspension. I am going back out there next week to help again. In his garage with him is a Porsche, I think 934, with a 620 hp Turbo engine. He fired it up and talk about nasty sounding. Then we walked over to the garage where they have all the driving school Mustangs. I am taking my camera next week so I can show you guys a garage full of at least 30 race prepared Mustangs. I thought I had died and went to Heaven. I sat in one and fired it up. WOW! Responsive is the understatement. All of them have special digital readout panels on the steering column. We then went to another garage where his friend has a open wheeled March. It is similar to an Indy car with a injected small block Chevy. It hits 200 mph on the straight out there. And best of all sitting right by it was a GT40. Not the street Ford GT, but a GT40! I will get photos, this I have to share. I am still giddy.

John
106-1194218389

Postby larrycavan » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:56 pm

How about getting the track for the forum members for a day.......Mustangs included...
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby 106-1194218389 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:05 am

I am STILL giddy with drool all over my face. It still amazes me that this came together in Utah. You would not believe how big the garage area is and how many there are. I am just a poor guy and to walk around there and see the money is amazing. You really need to try and make a race out here. Did you check out the web site for Miller Motor Sports Park? Larry, a local bike club had a motorcycle race going today and there was also a go kart race going so I could not drive the track. They have open track days where you can pay and run your car around for awhile. btw a week ago when I was out at the bike race I met Larry Miller, the man who owns the Utah Jazz and the race track. Very sharp guy but very down to earth. Really just like one of us, only with one #### of a lot of money.
106-1194218389

Postby hdwgfx » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:53 pm

nice pics John
Thanks,
david
hdwgfx

Postby 106-1194218389 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:04 pm

Hey, I am building a new race bike with a 3 cylinder engine. You will notice it has the new beehive springs on it. I was wondering if you guys think it will give Larry C. some serious competition? :;): John

106-1194218389

Postby bruce » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:16 pm

Big article in this months HOT ROD mag about the Mustangs at Miller Motorsports Park
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Next

Return to General BS