[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Kawasaki KH500

Kawasaki KH500

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM

Postby Scott » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:34 pm

Hey guys,

I've been looking for an old (mid 70's) Kawasaki 500 triple, anybody got one in their barn collecting dust?

Thanks.
Scott
Scott

Postby larrycavan » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:10 pm

As a matter of fact....I believe I can put my hands on a 71. It is, in fact, the same one I used to drive my left fore arm bone through the elbow joint with OUCH!!! That hurt soooo bad when I did that....

What sparked your interest in one of those?

Awsome point and shoot weapon in it's day...didn't turn or stop worth a #### but it sure did accellerate once the tach hit 6K......brings back all kinds of memories....

Larry C
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:04 pm

When I was a kid(16) in the late 80's, I got a basket case '69 for free out of a barn and spent the winter and spring putting it back together. The original pipes were missing, so I bought a set of Factory Pipe Products pipes for it and their jet kit. It was the most terrifying experience of my life(at the time) the first time it came on the pipes, I knew we were meant to be together. I've owned four of them altogether, but sent them all packing to buy other bikes. Now I would like to have three of my past bikes back, 197- H1, 1979 honda cb 750f supersport and my old '91 gsxr1100 (mine made 175HP at the tire in '92 and my mom purchased a $15, 000 life insurance policy on me which I still have today) I've owned many others, but these are my favorites.

The GSXR(only 5 months old) I bought as the only survivor of a 170 mph crash. Believe it or not it was not too bad, the guy who owned it spent a ton on engine/chassis mods, by a then unknown Hahn Racecraft I believe, it also had a solenoid shifter(horn button) I appropriatley named it "Death Wish" after I ressurected it. I was 17 or 18, Mom cried for a while, Dad would'nt speak to me. This bike was brutal for the time, I never ever got to a point it where I wasnt afraid of it. I road raced it for a while then went to a zx-7 with RR cams, a much better racebike.

Enough road trips for tonite, I'm starting to feel 18 and bullet proof again.( Only to wake up in the morning feeling the pain of the raspberry elbows and broken bones acquired in my youth)

Let me hear more about the triple

Scott
Scott

Postby gofaster » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:53 am

Thanks for the memories. Back in the '60's and early '70's I rode a '66 Triumph and moved up to a new '69 Sportster XLCH. I rode with friends who had mostly Harleys, BSA's and Triumps, used to think we were fast. Then a buddy stopped by the shop with his new Kaw Mach III 2 stroke triple. That thing re-defined fast for the moment.

Was living in Pittsburgh, Pa. back then and still vividly remember blasting that 3 cylinder Kamikazi through town over belgian block streets. With trolley tracks, hills, traffic, lights, and turns thrown in for good measure. It didn't stop and wouldn't turn worth a ####, but it was FAST!
Jim
gofaster

Postby larrycavan » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:05 am

Just finished reading the initial test results from the new ZX14 world press release in Vegas.......looks like it's everything it was supposed to be.....

Larry C
larrycavan
Site Admin

Return to General BS