[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - replicating a port - How do you replicate your work?

replicating a port - How do you replicate your work?

Share whatca have found? Brainstorming? Only open to members

Postby DaveMcLain » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:55 am

Right now I'm doing some work on a set of 4V Cleveland heads for a 408cid buildup. These heads seemed to really respond well to a 30 degree back cut on the valve and some short side work, now the question is, what's the best way to copy the short turn profile that's working well on my test port to the rest of the ports on the heads? What do you use to do this, what technique works best? How do you make an effective template?
DaveMcLain

Postby Mining4air » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:16 pm

When I'm working in the bowl/short turn area I generally use two things. A valve slightly smaller (.020-.030) than the venturi size and my eyes. Using a valve that you can actually fit in the bowl area and looking at cleance around it, you can get a good feel for how the short turn approaches the valve job based on how far you have the valve in the bowl. Tape near the head of the valve to use as a stop works good to try and position the valve the at the same depth between the finished port and the one your working on. I've tried making templates before but have found this is faster, easier, and works better for me anyway because if I can see it, I trust it alot more. Than I simply use calipers to measure the height of the apex of the short turn. It's only as acurate as your eyesite but I generally see low and midlift flow numbers within 1-3cfm of each other.

I sure hope all of the other guys reply to this. I'm always looking for a better, faster, easier, more accurate way of doing anything.

Jay
Pretty dont make power, but it sure sells parts.

Jay C
Mining4air

Postby larrycavan » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:25 pm

larrycavan
Site Admin

Return to Airflow thoughts?