[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Dualplane Intake Manifold - Intake Manifold Plenum Divider

Dualplane Intake Manifold - Intake Manifold Plenum Divider

Share whatca have found? Brainstorming? Only open to members

Postby 106-1194218389 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:47 am

I have an Edelbrock Performer EPS with the standard plenum with the plenum divider comes all the way to the top. The plenum is totally divided. The Performer RPM Air Gap has the divider machined down about 3/4". I would like to get some more topend from my manifold. Should I cut down the divider? Anybody have real world dyno or dragstrip results? I found this picture on SpeedTalk and am wondering if I should go this router? Any thoughts?
106-1194218389

Postby thomasvaught-1 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:08 pm

I have seen a lot of times where complete removal of the divider really hurt 60 ft times on the drag strip. Might just as well run an 360 degree intake.

Here is a link to a factory 180 intake with mods.
Look for the name Cliff R.

Tom Vaught
thomasvaught-1

Postby 106-1194218389 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:01 pm

Thanks Tom,

Both the Pontiacs and this Aluminum one I have pictured are probably more that I want to do. I was wondering if I lowered the runner about 3/4" what effect that would have.

John
106-1194218389

Postby larrycavan » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:20 pm

I don't know squat about those manifolds...BUT if I were going to check it out, here's what I'd do.

Fab up a plate that simulates the carb bores and bolt it on there. Then mount it to the head it's going to be run on and probe it with a pitot.

I feel kind of sorry for you car guys having to deal with mainfolds. I'm too spoiled by individual carbs / TBs for each cylinder....
:p
larrycavan
Site Admin

Return to Airflow thoughts?