[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - MCSA and port velocity

MCSA and port velocity

Share whatca have found? Brainstorming? Only open to members

Postby CraigAPD » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:55 pm

Hi all,

Can someone please provide me with the formulae used to derive both MCSA and port velocity, when given rpm, bore and stroke (and msca when calculating velocity).

MAny thanks
CraigAPD

Postby Pro Thunder Cycle » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:55 am

Check out this site and do a search you will find enough info to keep you busy for years.
Pro Thunder Cycle

Postby 106-1194218389 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:02 pm

I was flowing my cousin's Brodix heads and checked the velocities at 9 spots at two different areas of the port. At the pushrod pinch and at the SSR. after I got the velocities recorded I took my inside snap gauges and measured as close as I could to get the MCSA at those two areas. The velocity readings for the MCSA correlate pretty darn close to what you will find in PipeMax. To accurately measure the MCSA you should make a port mold and then cut it at the MCSA and trace that onto graph paper to get accurate MCSA, but this was close enough to give me confidence in both tools, PipeMax and pitot tube. I'm happy :D

John
106-1194218389

Return to Airflow thoughts?