What style valves for a flat head - What style valves for a flat head

Share whatca have found? Brainstorming? Only open to members

Postby 106-1194218389 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:37 pm

no kidding. When Muldowney came it was the year or so before she won the championship. Humble pie and so nice. She had wrecked her brand new Ron Atterbury dragster the race before she got to slc - we took the front half off of my dragster in progress and wheels, brand new!!!, stayed up 2 nights in a row putting her car back. Went out and my friend and I help her pit as she only had her son and another young guy helping on engines. Next year after she won the championship she came back and did not even acknowledge who we were and that we helped her out year before. Worse of all she never paid us in the first place.
106-1194218389

Postby GNNOVA » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:23 pm

Bruce Your correct about the cost of engines being high. Some builders are charging 2500-3000 dollars for 12hp flat heads. When 3 years ago they cost 1500 dollars. I feel pretty good that my 600 dollar motor won the championship race this year. Some of the performance can be attributed to the help recieved from Bruce, this forum and my PTS flow bench. Thanks

jfholm Thats pretty bad what Muldowney did to you when you gave her the front off of your car.

Ken
GNNOVA

Previous

Return to Airflow thoughts?