[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Porting for turbo/supercharging

Porting for turbo/supercharging

Share whatca have found? Brainstorming? Only open to members

Postby emarsh » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:47 pm

I did a search for the word turbo and didn't get any relevant hits, so I'm going to start a new thread on this topic. Hope I'm not covering old ground.

I've got a turbocharged Suzuki Hayabusa motorcycle. My approach to making power has been pretty simple up to this point - I made the engine strong and then turned up the boost.

I've got the flowbench plans and will be starting on a project in the not to near future but in the mean while I've been thinking about cylinder head development on the 'Busa and any differences in technique one would employ between turbocharged and naturally aspirated engines.

I've hear different opinions, including that you want to really focus on the exhaust, that you just want to make the intakes big because the air will be forced in regardless and that careful porting on a turbocharged engine is even more critical than normally aspirated engine.

I'm curious if anyone here has done porting and engine development on a turbocharged engine and if anyone has any thoughts on how to best approach cylinder head development for that application.
emarsh

Postby slracer » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:50 pm

Eric, Try reading this thread, all 25 pages! Here is some good data and lively discussion.

Good luck -- Doug
I choose NOT to be an ordinary man because it is my right to be uncommon if I can! - unknown
slracer

Postby emarsh » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:55 pm

emarsh

Return to Airflow thoughts?