[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Need some brainstorming

Need some brainstorming

Share whatca have found? Brainstorming? Only open to members

Postby bruce » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:38 pm

I've been working my way back through my intake tract and have come to the carb venturi. I have the rest of the intake working quite well and the venturi has now become the limiting factor.

I am limited to a 1" venturi it is currently dropping flow down 4 cfm's from the rest of the intake (I know this since I was testing using a 1.2" venturi carb) My question is this what effect does the angle on the backside of the venturi have on flow? I was using a 15* angle out of the venturi I'm planning on playing with this angle to see what effects it has on flow. I'm just curious what others might think? I will also be playing with various approach angles to the venturi. I machined up a dummy carb body so I can slip different designs in and out to test the effects . . . I'm sure it will all come own to testing but I was just curious if anyone would have any ideas for me to try . . .
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Christian » Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:24 am

[color=#000000]Yes there might be a clue, if i understood you right. There was "extensive" testing done by Bmw in the 60
Christian

Postby Kyrasis6 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:19 pm

I would try to play with angles between 45 and 52 degrees comming out the bottom of the venturi. Also going into the carburetor there are modifications you can make in the air breather that can increase flow into the intake. If the filter element is fairly open placing a flat ring around it will help create a venturi effect. I think it needs to be placed about an inch away from the element, also in the filter bonnet you can create a form that goes directly over the top of the carburetor to help guide the air towards it. If the bonnet is round a funnel shape should work good, if it is square more of a wedge shape should work.
Kyrasis6

Postby Thomas Vaught » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:02 pm

The transition from the venturi to the throttle body blade hole is very important for flow recovery.

The angle for a Holley 4 barrel carb is very good and basically stays the same as the venturi gets larger with a corresponding increase in the blade diameter.

Hope this helps.

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Return to Airflow thoughts?