[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Square Root Scales - Scales for sale

Square Root Scales - Scales for sale

Surplus/old items you personally have forsale and would like to offer other forum members. This is an area to sell blowers, manometers, flowbench parts etc. If you're not sure send me an email before posting.

When you sell an item let me know so I can remove the post.

You can also post Flowbench Wanted items here.

Postby gofaster » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:58 pm

I am offering "Square Root Scales" for sale.

These scales are marked in "Percent of Flow" and will bolt directly to a Dwyer 246 inclined manometer.

They should be easy to adapt to any homebuilt inclined manometer. They are 20.5" long with a mirror finish for optimum viewing of the meniscus.

I am offering them at $35.00 each for our Flowbench & Dyno Forum members. That includes shipping in the lower 48 United States. Out of country sales will be handled on a case by case basis, if it comes up.

Contact me via "PM" on the forum, or e-mail me at:
gofaster@heads1st.com
Jim
gofaster

Postby fchp » Fri May 26, 2006 9:05 am

Just got mine..... this thing is NICE!
fchp

Postby gofaster » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:40 am

After numerous requests to purchase my scales with a credit card, I now offer online billing through my "QuickBooks" accounting program. It is a secure system that allows a buyer to order via e-mail and pay with secure e-mail invoicing. I have had this system in effect for a while now, with excellent results, and felt it would be appropriate to post here to let our members know it is an option.
Thanks again to all of the forum members who are currently using my scales!
Jim
gofaster

Postby Thomas Vaught » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:02 pm

I had Dwyer make me some Square Root scales
some years ago for their 246 incline manometer
but after the first order of ten pieces, they backed out on doing more of them. Complained about the cost at the time to make them.

I paid almost $300.00 for the 10 pieces with the shipping so say each scale cost me $29.00

The price GOFASTER is charging seems right in line with the charges years ago and it appears that the scales are available!

Do these scales have the appropriate bends/holes in the right locations to be a true bolt on deal? The scales I got had to be glued onto the normal 6" H2O manometer piece as no mounting flange.

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby gofaster » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:15 am

My scales are a direct bolt-on to the Dwyer 246, they come with attached (riveted) angle brackets and a pair of thumb screws.

Edited By gofaster on 1175523513
Jim
gofaster

Postby bruce » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:44 pm

Have any pics to post?
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby gofaster » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:00 pm

I'll try to get some pictures for you. They are difficult to photograph because of the mirror finish.
Jim
gofaster

Postby gofaster » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:13 pm

Here's a link to my pictures:

Click "View Album" to see all of them at once, or click an arrow to view as a slide show.

The scales are polished to a high mirror finish to help avoid parallax when viewing the meniscus of the manometer. As a result, they are hard to photograph. For me anyhow. Some pictures look like the scale is spotted, but it is actually showing a reflection of the texture of my ceiling tiles.
I hope this helps you to see what my scales are like. They are truly a first rate quality item.

Edited By gofaster on 1175819920
Jim
gofaster

Return to Flowbench items FORSALE & WANTED