[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Pipemax 101 - Pipemax Program discussion

Pipemax 101 - Pipemax Program discussion

Place to post/discuss programs & spreadsheets useful for flowbenching. FPExcel, Pipemax etc . . .

Postby stevenford » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:53 pm

stevenford

Postby wfolarry » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:59 pm

wfolarry

Postby maxracesoftware » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:06 am

maxracesoftware

Postby wfolarry » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:54 am

Printing isn't the problem. The problem was with saving to file. Too many saved caused the program to crash. Lost all the saved files & stopped saving new ones. All the ones I do now I'll make a copy to send you. I do heads every day but it's cold up here so it will be a while before the good dyno sheets start coming in. I have my camera in for repairs so when I get that back I'll take some pictures so you can see my setup & if there is anything different that you would want/need. I also have carbs & fuel inj. bodies that I can test with as well. All the software programs are designed for automotive apps. so I don't mind helping out to get one that would be of more use to the V twin crowd.
wfolarry

Postby 49-1183904562 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:20 pm

WFO

Are you going to be in Cincinnati this weekend?

Rick
49-1183904562

Postby wfolarry » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:13 pm

Yes. Heading there Friday.
wfolarry

Postby stevenford » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:47 am

stevenford

Postby stevenford » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:00 am

I think the recomendations in PipeMax are based on Larrys speciality, 2Valves, The answers are there for 4Valves they are just in different places ie: you probably use the smallest recomended areas 300-311ft/sec, as another poster and Larry stated , rather than the recomended areas 270ft/sec

Maybe PipeMax needs a detailed manual, or when switching to 4 Valves down draught ports all the recomendations automatically switch higher

It seems like 50% of the engines produced in the world are 4 valve now so more info will come

One problem I had with Pipemax was where the lenghts for the pipes ended in the collectors, the pro's know where, but this was my 1st set of pipes and I didn't know exactly so I had the waste poor Larry precious time(Thanks Larry) answering my dumb emails. A picture in Pipemax would save Larry some time with us dummies
stevenford

Postby stevenford » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:20 pm

I tried that tip and now the recomendations are still high

I tried Larrys 125VE and the HP Low is roughly where the big boys get it and now I have 40cfm more than the lowest Required Intake Flow

I've noticed the cams the customer is using are way too big in Pipemax, IN 11577rpm EX 11943rpm, we rev to 8500rpm. I wonder if we get something smaller

I think all 4 valves will have a high Int Valve Curtain Area VS Time RPM, they are probably all over valved so the velocity is low at the throat so you have to make it up in the port to get the energy up for the inertia fill
stevenford

Postby 200cfm » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:23 pm

In the section for engine specifications there is a value range given for: CFM/sq. in. Is this per square inch of the engine or the port? What does this value tell you about the engine?

The Recommended Port CSA: I get confused to rather this is the average CSA for the entire port length or the ideal port CSA for a certain section in the port somewhere. Does it mean no section in the port should fall under this CSA recommendation? I am thinking "yes". Is it a quide to set the port entry, the PRt, the head bolt turn, and the SSR areas? There are sections in my port that exceed the Recommended CSA but they have to be larger for the air to slow down and make turns. Does that mean those areas need filling?
200cfm

Postby SWR » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:59 pm

SWR

Postby stevenford » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:00 am

stevenford

Postby stevenford » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:45 am

stevenford

Postby SWR » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:37 am

SWR

Postby SWR » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:54 am

Pulses in EA Pro at 11500 rpm,the engine in the previous post.

Edit: Noticed that this was for the same engine at 15 psi boost...

There. That's running NA. :)
SWR

PreviousNext

Return to Useful Programs & Spreadsheets for flowbenchin'