[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Spreadsheet for flowdata

Spreadsheet for flowdata

Place to post/discuss programs & spreadsheets useful for flowbenching. FPExcel, Pipemax etc . . .

Postby WPH » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:25 pm

I have been working on a spreadsheet for flow data. It calculates some of the basics needed for my SF-style motor centered bench.
Most of the work is finished, though I have some difficulties with temperature correction factor. I can't use Excel well enough to get correction factor calculated.

My spreadsheet is very adaptive, most of the calculations are suitable or easy to convert for universal orifice bench.
My bench uses 500mm 6" DP inclined manometer for flow measurement and I combined the calculator on my spreadsheet.

Inputs are marked blue, all calculated values are marked red and transferred values are green.
What the spreadsheet does? It calculates:

- valve L/D and lift
- correction factor, if needed
- corrected flow based on selected flowrange, inclined manometer,
temperature (when finished,otherwise you need SF correction table) and leak

I'm thinking of adding rough valve flow potential calculations for wedge and hemi heads based on
SF manual info but temperature correction is 1st on my list.

Here is a link to post on temp. correction:

Any Excel-gurus to take a peek on this equation ?

Pekka
Pekka
WPH

Postby WPH » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:36 pm

Some of the inputs were not marked on previous spreadsheet,
this is correct version.
Pekka
WPH

Postby larrycavan » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:35 am

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby WPH » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:06 am

Quote:

"Using % flow instead of direct depression measurement is the standard method most guys use. If I understand what I'm looking at, you haven't created a % scale but instead read directly off the verticle measurement obtained with the inclined manometer.

Nothing wrong with that but it narrows the potential scope for using your worksheet on other benches."

My idea was that each user would change their DIY manometer values to speadsheet formula,
that's why I put the "original" calculator in spreadsheet. It's quite easy to adjust flowmeter formula to % scale,
just input .783 or whatever the reading is
and change the formula on cells at line 26 to C25*C24.

Protecting the cells and formulas can be done easily and will be done when spreadsheet is finished.
Temp. correction equation in my link was basically identical to SF corr. values and I would appreciate
if someone could help creating a formula which would calculate corr.factor with delta-T input (0=1).
Pekka
WPH

Postby larrycavan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:40 pm

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby WPH » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:08 am

I did not ment to be rude or anything alike. I appreciate all comments and ideas on my spreadsheet.
I don't speak english as my first language so I have to translate before I post. I apologize
Pekka
WPH

Postby larrycavan » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:43 pm

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby msj442 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:48 pm

i have a excel based flow data sheet with bar graph that i would like to share. it is very generic, but would like to post it. do i use a host like the pics? whats the best way to post a file of this sort?

max
msj442

Postby 86rocco1 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:11 pm

86rocco1

Postby msj442 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:36 pm

ok thanks. hope this works. thes are very generic data sheets that ive been using for the pts dm until larry is ready with his stuff.

max
msj442

Postby msj442 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:38 pm

cylinder head one.
msj442

Postby msj442 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:54 pm

ok heres an updated flowsheet. one problem though. maybe some of you excel gurrus can help.
when i go to print it out it dosent print the gridlines or the chart. i go into file,page setup,then page, and click print gridlines but it still dosent print them. and i cant find where to correct to print graph.
help rick!! lol
msj442

Postby msj442 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:21 pm

nevermind guys got it to print everything i needed. :D

max
msj442

Postby msj442 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:34 pm

heres the updated one i think. sorry for the confusion.

max
msj442

Postby msj442 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:53 pm

ok i think im done after this. lol heres the manifold one. its just a comparative flow sheet.
max
msj442

Next

Return to Useful Programs & Spreadsheets for flowbenchin'