[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Spreadsheet for flowdata

Spreadsheet for flowdata

Place to post/discuss programs & spreadsheets useful for flowbenching. FPExcel, Pipemax etc . . .

Postby don52 » Wed May 06, 2009 2:18 am

Hey guys here is a basic flow test sheet you can use with or without Flowsoft. If you use flowsoft just copy and paste the data from the Csv data file to the DM flow sheet on the 2nd page and it will update the Results page and graphs.

It is protected so if you are new to Excel you cant bust it. If you want to make chages to it all you have to do is unprotect the sheet and go for it.

This is by no means to be considered as a replacement for Larry's super cool FPexcel he is working on, but it will give you something you can play with. Then you can send Larry a check and it will be money well spent!
don52

Postby 49-1183904562 » Wed May 06, 2009 7:04 pm

Thanks Don, this sheet is a good foundation for those that want to do there own thing and can just cut and past from the opened FlowSoft CSV.

As for FlowSoft I am on a sabbatical right now doing my real job and missing coding on FlowSoft but should be back in the groove by June.

Rick

Edited By 1960FL on 1241701838
49-1183904562

Postby msj442 » Wed May 06, 2009 10:45 pm

everybody that downloaded don52 flowsheet have any problems? my computer sucks, i couldnt get it to open.
msj442

Postby don52 » Thu May 07, 2009 2:58 am

Send me your email address and I will send it to you if you can't get it to work.
don52

Postby larrycavan » Sat May 09, 2009 6:52 pm

Guys,

FlowSoftExcel is in beta testing on Bruce's computer as I write this. So far, things are looking good. I will be making this available probably the second week of May. Cost will be minimal.

There are a lot of features built into this. This will fill the needs of the majority of users.

Included in the workbook:

Direct communication with the PTS Digital Manometer
Flowsheet with CFM, Velocity, Converted CFM, % Flow & Live Data Captures with a mouse click

Data Analysis worksheet of coefficients, cfm/sq.in, etc.
Velocity Calculations Helper Worksheet
Charting
Velocity Report
I/E Flow Ratio Report

Edited By larrycavan on 1241911604
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby msj442 » Sat May 09, 2009 10:19 pm

you da man larry!!!!!!!!!!! looks freggin awesome!!!!!!!!! im glad to see the i/e percentage. was trying to get that to work on excel and what can i say, not a graduate.
expect my payment.

max
msj442

Postby larrycavan » Sat May 09, 2009 11:59 pm

Tweaked a couple things tonight.

New Button to turn Row Column Headings on / off.

Default initilization will be full screen mode.

New Cell allows you to enter a converted pressure number and have the current CFM displayed at both the current test pressure and also at the pressure you set in the Convert To cell.

For those without a pitot [GET ONE :D ]....No seriously, the sensors are so sensative that even waving your hand in front of the channel 3 sensor would cause it to read.

So if you don't have a pitot, there would by default be a blank cell between Pressure and CFM, where Velocity FPS displays.

So, I tweaked things so that when the Chan. 3 sensor reading is below 25, the large display cells display different values and everything lines up side by side...but without Velocity Cell being Empty. It becomes the CFM cell and the other 2 cells, Converted CFM & % Flow move left as well.

The second the Ch3 sensor sees 25FPS, BAM!, the cells switch back to display, Pressure, Velocity CFM, Calculated CFM & % Flow.
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby larrycavan » Sun May 10, 2009 12:02 am

Here's screen shot of where it stands as of 12:07am
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby bruce » Sun May 10, 2009 7:20 am

Here is a screen capture of the velocity probe sheet, which I personally feel is going to be a nice sheet for me to use!

The numbered buttons on the left allow you to capture the data to the corresponding cells on the right. I can see a future mod to the DM will be a small push button switch that can be used in your probe hand or on the floor for your foot to activate the capture.

Edited By bruce on 1241954679
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby msj442 » Sun May 10, 2009 10:26 am

sweet!!! exactly what i was looking for. AMAZING job larry!!! my hat is off to you.

max
msj442

Postby msj442 » Sun May 10, 2009 12:24 pm

would this switch work bruce? it has the 1/4 plug already, but wasnt sure what kind of jack you used to assemble them with. does it have two conacts like a headphone or just one? im going ny the rings around th male part.
max ???[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/YAMAHA-FOOTSWITCH-FOR-KEYBOARD_W0QQitemZ300312459080QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?
hash=item45ec047748&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50]foot switch[/url]
msj442

Postby bruce » Sun May 10, 2009 3:46 pm

The plugs on the DM are 3.5mm mono jacks (D1,D2). You would need a momentary switch. Right now we are not using the jacks but I installed and hooked them up for future use.

We are looking at using D2 as a possible input for a swirl sensor. If this happens you will have to change one wire inside the DM to make a connection to CH4. This will be discussed over in the PTS DM area when it happens.
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby msj442 » Sun May 10, 2009 10:00 pm

i was just wondering with larrys stuff if the jacks would be active.

max
msj442

Postby larrycavan » Tue May 12, 2009 11:11 am

Here's a screenshot of the Ver 1 Release. Available probably by Friday of this week.

Changes Made:

User selects YES/NO for Pitot Connected. Screen Display changes based on that selection.

All buttons do what they're supposed to do :D

Some graphics changes and rearrangements.

Edited By larrycavan on 1242141443
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby larrycavan » Mon May 18, 2009 11:23 pm

I added some nice features to the application tonight.

Included FlowData workbook to store flow data in. Button to copy your completed data to the otherworkbook and autosave it for you. So now, there's an automatic way to archive your flowsheets without bogging down your FlowSoftExcel workbook with all those extra worksheets. It will all be stored in it's own workbook. That should be handy.

Added some message boxes on the flowsoftexcel worksheet to indicate when captured data copies take place. Now you'll know without having to look at the data sheet between flow tests.

In the near future I will be looking at addressing an easier way to do charts. The native excel charting is very nice but if you're not familiar with it, it's a little cumbersome.

Those who already received their copy will get free upgrade emailed to them shortly. If you don't get it by friday, send me an email. :D

Edited By larrycavan on 1242703762
larrycavan
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Useful Programs & Spreadsheets for flowbenchin'