[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Updated Velocity Calculations Helper - Corrected Error

Updated Velocity Calculations Helper - Corrected Error

Place to post/discuss programs & spreadsheets useful for flowbenching. FPExcel, Pipemax etc . . .

Postby larrycavan » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:35 pm

I couldn't just delete the old spreadsheet so I had to delete the topic and create a new one.

Thanks guys for pointing out an error in the spreadsheet. I believe it's fixed now. Try this one out. Let me know ASAP.
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby larrycavan » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:58 pm

14 downloads and no feedback....c'mon....
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby 106-1194218389 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:37 am

We are just a thankless bunch aren't we :D btw thanks, great spreadsheet and seems to be right on. You guys make my life so easy, Thanks!
106-1194218389

Postby larrycavan » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:13 am

Thanks jf....appreication isn't what I was looking for though. I wanted to know if the formulas were working properly...that's all. Everybody on the .net is looking for FREE everything anyway....me included!:D
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby 106-1194218389 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:37 pm

I re-did the calculation they were talking about and it gave the results they wanted so I assume it is correct. It is a great program.
106-1194218389

Postby Top38 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:21 pm

Larry

She looks good now!

Thanks
Top38

Postby larrycavan » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:40 am

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby Top38 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:56 pm

Top38

Postby JMR » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:48 pm

Larry,

Thanks for contributing the spreadsheet. Got an observation ....

I've been using it to convert pitot tube readings taken at depressions ranging from 18" upwards into their 28" equivalents.

I map my ports in 9 positions (3 rows of 3) and enter the converted pitot pressure figures (Column 'D') into Performance Trends' Port Flow Analyzer. PFA converts the info into a colour graph representation of port speed and also converts the pitot readings into an AVERAGE port speed (fps) for report printouts.

If I take the Column 'C' converted 28" fps figures from your spreadsheet and average them (sum of 9 readings/9), the result is always lower than that provided by the PFA program.

Earlier today I mapped a port at 23", then used your spreadsheet to convert to 28" pitot pressure figures. Average of the 9 readings from Column 'C' in the spreadsheet was 301 fps. Entering the converted pitot pressure readings into PFA delivered a result of 323 fps!

Further example... if I convert a pitot reading of 18" taken at a test depression of 23", spreadsheet converts it to a 28" equivalent of 310 fps & 24.8" pitot pressure. In PFA that 24.8" input translates into 329 fps for a 28" test pressure.

Hope that makes sense ???
JMR

Postby larrycavan » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:17 pm

Try this...let me know...
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby bruce » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:43 pm

The clear macro does not work for me?
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby larrycavan » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:52 pm

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby JMR » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:54 am

JMR

Postby bruce » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:16 am

I had my macro security set to "high" problem was on my end. The way the error message read it sounded like it was something with the spreadsheet security certificate.

Works now!

Wow that was a day delivery on the throttle bodies, hope you know how they go back together! Make sure you put the seals on the throttle shafts, that would be what I would forget to do. ???
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby JMR » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:43 pm

Larry

I've edited this post and removed the link to my 28" Port Velocity Calculator until I get it fixed

Don't want to create more confusion :(
JMR

Next

Return to Useful Programs & Spreadsheets for flowbenchin'