FAQ, etc. - Abbrevs, Constants, Conversions

By popular vote a place to add formulas. If you post a formula please make sure your abbreviations are spelled out so it avoids a lot of follow-up postings.  I know a lot of abbreviations are common or taken to be common knowledge. Please be sure to checkout the new FAQ of common abbreviations.

Please post formulas in separate topics, do not add formulas to someone else's post unless it relates to the original post. Also in the topic line make a note of what your posted formula is about . Thanks

Postby 115-1172523331 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:55 pm

Hi all, I noticed Bruce's comment about needing a page of FAQ for abbreviations, etc. so thought I would get one started. It will be a "work-in-progress" so I will update it as required. After thinking about it, I used Excel so the abbrevs could be resorted any time more were added. I also chose to make a separate page for "Engine" related, "Flow Bench" related, and "Constants/Conversion Factors". If you have suggestions for improvements, let's discuss what would work better and then I'll continue.

I started through the Formulas Section and came up with the attached Excel Workbook. I'll be adding from other sections in the next week, but if you have questions, post them here for a faster response. If you have a list of your own to contribute, email it to me to reduce "clutter" on the Forum.

Doug Robinson aka slracer
td_tickford@yahoo.com
115-1172523331

Return to Formulas