[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Formulas Forum. - Generaland Advanced Knowledge Formulas

Formulas Forum. - Generaland Advanced Knowledge Formulas

By popular vote a place to add formulas. If you post a formula please make sure your abbreviations are spelled out so it avoids a lot of follow-up postings.  I know a lot of abbreviations are common or taken to be common knowledge. Please be sure to checkout the new FAQ of common abbreviations.

Please post formulas in separate topics, do not add formulas to someone else's post unless it relates to the original post. Also in the topic line make a note of what your posted formula is about . Thanks

Postby Thomas Vaught » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:34 pm

Thanks Bruce for creating this Topic.

I will try very hard to add formulas as I come across them.

Tom V.

one I use every day is:

CID = BORE * BORE * .7854 * Number of cylinders * STROKE
Thomas Vaught

Postby larrycavan » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:43 pm

Here's a text documet with some of the formulas that I've aquired. Special thanks to Larry Maux for providing information that took years of hard work and determination to aquire. His advice is "pure gold" in my book.
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby 86rocco » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:58 pm

[color=#000000]Here's one that's come up in a few discussions lately:
Flow thru round orifice in CFM = C*(3.14d
86rocco

Postby larrycavan » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:08 pm

Rocco,

That formula may well be the key to success in calibrating a flowbench. I hope everyone realizes how valuable it really is.

Larry :D
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby gofaster » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:14 pm

One night last week, I had a few minutes to think, and decided to use the orifice flow formula posted here by Rocco. It was posted earlier on the forum, and I made a hard copy that I saved in my Flowbench project notebook.

Taking the time to plug the numbers into a calculator and working the equation helped my understanding of what it really means. Having the answer match the spreadsheet answer was a minor victory!

The ease of using one of the spreadsheets can't be beat, but now I have a better understanding of what is happening and why it works.
Jim
gofaster

Postby Rick360 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:14 pm

moved to new thread.
Rick360

Postby Mouse » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:43 am

I suggest start a new thread with the formula function as the thread title. That way it will be much easier for people to find formulas for a particular task.
Mouse

Return to Formulas