[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Port expansion/contraction formulas?

Port expansion/contraction formulas?

By popular vote a place to add formulas. If you post a formula please make sure your abbreviations are spelled out so it avoids a lot of follow-up postings.  I know a lot of abbreviations are common or taken to be common knowledge. Please be sure to checkout the new FAQ of common abbreviations.

Please post formulas in separate topics, do not add formulas to someone else's post unless it relates to the original post. Also in the topic line make a note of what your posted formula is about . Thanks

Postby SWB » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:51 pm

I'm building a spreadsheet to calculate some stuff based off my port molds. Specifically I'm looking at velocity for each mold slice window and also I'd like to look at the "change from last" in a manner that makes sense.

I'll explain:

I've thought about taking the change in cross sectional area from the last station to the current and the distance along the center line between them to get a taper angle. Or an expansion/contraction gradient and display that in whole numbers and also graphically. I'm just not sure what the most relevant thing to look at is? Pressure gradient is probably most critical, but I'm not sure how to map that accurately enough to get repeatable numbers with a pitot probe.

Do any of you guys think along these lines and/or have a method (or formula) you'd be willing to share?

Thanks for the consideration.

SWB
SWB

Postby larrycavan » Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:55 pm

larrycavan
Site Admin

Return to Formulas