[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Pitot Tube Location - Pitot Tube Location

Pitot Tube Location - Pitot Tube Location

Pitot Style Bench discussions

Postby Peter » Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:26 pm

I know this might of been covered before, but as I'm constructing my bench I need help in knowing where to locate the Annubar in my 4" straight Sch 40 tubing. The bench will be suck only to 8 vacumn motors with flow straighteners before the annubar. Starting out with 6" tubing reduced to 4" tubing, then to a 4" 90 deg. elbow, then the 4" straight section into a 4" knife valve, then into the vacumn box.

Peter
Peter

Postby slr350 » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:20 am

I used 2inch tubing to fit the annubars in, testing sbc ports its a little on the big side to measure the low lifts. I thing 4" tubing would be to big.
Im not sure on the placement but i thinks its somthing like 10 times the dia of the tubbing after your flow straightners and 4 times after your annubar.
slr350

Postby bruce » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:06 pm

I agree, 4" pipe is going to be way to big to get low flow numbers. What I try and do is use a test pipe dia that is a little larger than the dia of the part I want to test. In my application I use a 1.5" dia PVC pipe and this allows me to see flow numbers easier in the .050 to .150 lift range. But I'm not working on SBC heads. My largest dia right now I am working with is 1.5".
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby gaz » Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:49 pm

So as I understan the annubar needs quite high speed of flow to get accurate results.? would it be ok if I used a straight tube( where the anubar is located) about the same diametre as on the test head's valve ( if there is only one valve) diam??

Another question about annubars or several...
1) is annubar just a simple 1/8" tube with certain amount of holes drilled not through the tube but only trough 1 waal of tube?
2) how do I get static pressure and total pressure with only one tube? how is annubar connected to inclined manometer?
3) how many annubars do I need for a flow bench?

A lot of questions but I ask them because I didnt find reasonable info from the internet...... yet :)

thanks anybody who bothers to answere!
I found a link where is some interesting formulas for calculating cfm and other things http://www.tsi.com/iaq/appnote/ti_107a.shtml
gaz

Postby bruce » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:10 pm

Gaz, Everything you seek is already listed in other posts on this forum. Just have to surf around and find it :)
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby slr350 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:10 am

All the info you need can be found but it does take a little time to find it.
Your on the right track with the annubars, for the location of the holes and static have a look here:

slr350

Return to Pitot Style Bench discussion