[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Bench Piping

Bench Piping

Pitot Style Bench discussions

Postby hollywood63 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:28 pm

I'm getting ready to run the piping for my bench but I have a question or two. I'm starting out with a 4in. flange on the top of the bench down into a 12in by 16in. settling chamber. From there I was going to use another 4 in. flange and then neck right down to 2 in. But I have noticed that alot of this style bench the builder goes from say 6 in. to 4in the down to their desired pipe size. I quess my question is can I make the big step from 12 in. to 2 in. if the fittings are available?

Thanks Art

P.S. I have a idea to cap the 12 in. pipe so a flange can be installed. But I haven't tried it yet.
hollywood63

Postby bruce » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:24 pm

I'd make sure that the transition between your different pipe diameters be tapered/angled this will minimize turbulence at these points. My 90* bend was a reducing elbow from 4"to3" so that was one less transition I had to make. The others I made from 6" to 4" I machined with an angle. You could make your own custom transition peice out of solid PVC or glue peices together to make a solid and have it machined out?

Let me know if you would need something I more than likely could machine it for you if you could not find anyone local (if you are in the USA). I'm sure you'd find my prices would be reasonable
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby hollywood63 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:08 pm

Thanks Bruce if I run into a problem I will take you up on your offer.
After I get the plumbing done I can post some pics to see what you guys think.
If it looks like it will work I will be hitting you up for a set of annubars and a test plate.
Thanks Art
hollywood63

Return to Pitot Style Bench discussion