[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Clippard plumbing - Does anyone know paths?

Clippard plumbing - Does anyone know paths?

Pitot Style Bench discussions

Postby slracer » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:55 am

[color=#000000]Hi all, I
I choose NOT to be an ordinary man because it is my right to be uncommon if I can! - unknown
slracer

Postby 86rocco1 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:53 am

Doug, go to [url=http://www.clippard.com/downloads/?strStart=\downloads\general\PDF_Documents]Clippard's download page[/url] and get "Intro to Pneumatics". There you find descriptions and diagrams of the various types of valve available.
86rocco1

Postby jfholm » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:39 am

Doug,
I also just put the nipples on the valve and hooked up a short piece of tubing and either sucked or blew in one as I switched the switch and that also verified which way to go.
John
It is a wise man that learns from his mistakes, but it is a wiser man that learns from the mistakes of others.
jfholm

Postby slracer » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:11 pm

Thanks John! Looking at the diagrams and "converting" the actuators to switches, I think I need 2 MTV-3 valves. The diagram below shows what I have in mind. If I put an MTV-3 valve in the line from the pitot to the inclined and leave the "EX" port open to the atmosphere, I can switch between between pitot pressure and atmos at the lower end of the inclined manometer. Adding a "tee" to the line from the settling chamber (depression pressure) to the top of the vertical manometer and plumbing a new line along with the line coming from the Flow Element static pickup to a second MTV-3 allows me to choose between the 2 static sources for the top of the inclined manometer. Pitot plus static gives me normal running, atmos plus depression alloes me to match the inclined to the vertical. Anyone see any problems with this?

Thanks, Doug
I choose NOT to be an ordinary man because it is my right to be uncommon if I can! - unknown
slracer

Return to Pitot Style Bench discussion