[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Flow Sensor - Dyno Flow Meter

Flow Sensor - Dyno Flow Meter

Pitot Style Bench discussions

Postby HP by GD » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:52 am

Hi Guys
I found this great forum just recently and I am new to all this information. I have a question about making a device to use on my dyno to measure the air flow into the motor. Are the meters that most of the companies sell using the annubar type device? If so is there a place where I can read a how to make one? I am very new to this so I am looking for some serious help!
Thanks
GD
HP by GD

Postby maxracesoftware » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:56 pm

Link to 2 pictures of SuperFlow Air Turbine

the Air Turbine uses 0 to 5 volts
with certain value volts = CFM

could adapt Air Turbine from SuperFlow or Land & Sea Dynometers to your Dyno ???

i use the Air Turbine along with hooking up Vacuum ..to check
Carb CFM , Volumetric Efficiency, BSAC, A/F Ratios,
carb's jet front -to- rear , check also intake and exhaust
wave tuning effects , etc.

Like you, i always wondered about a annubar type device ??
it might be better than Air Turbine ????

The Air Turbine will sometimes affect engine's HP/TQ output
because carbs breathe from sides as well as top
and Air Turbine adds to tuned length a little in effect

after making so many dyno tests and gathering Data,
i remove Air Turbine for rest of Tests to compare .

Rochester Q-Jets and Carter ThermoQuads seem more sensitive to dyno tests with/without Air Turbine
and Holley carbs usually are not as much affected

the Air Turbine is great at revealing tuned lengths/diameters
especially on Exhaust side
maxracesoftware

Postby Mouse » Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:39 pm

Annubars require a lead-in length and exit because they require the air flow velocity to be evenly distibuted in the pipe to get an accurate reading. So they may not be well suited to mount on top of a carb because of the wave-tuning effect already mentioned.

My flow elements require a much shorter lead-in, and even shorter exit, but non-the-less, a lead-in is still required.

John
Mouse

Return to Pitot Style Bench discussion