[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Free Dyno - Now how do we run it?

Free Dyno - Now how do we run it?

Postby 115-1172523331 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:14 pm

[color=#000000]Hi all, A friend of mine was GIVEN a dyno (but NO documentation), and has no idea of how to operate it. He sent some pics to me as I was (am) looking at building a small inertial style for my
115-1172523331

Postby 115-1172523331 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:15 pm

Pic 1 didn't come through, trying again!
115-1172523331

Postby 115-1172523331 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:17 pm

Pic 2, end view from wheel side.
115-1172523331

Postby 115-1172523331 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:19 pm

Pic 3, side view from electric motor side.

A special thanks to Bruce who reminded me how to post a picture!

Doug
115-1172523331

Postby bruce » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:31 pm

Looks to be made from this website.

Kart or small engine dyno, should be perfect for your engines.

I'd venture to say the electric motor is used to start the engine?

Motor appears to have an electric clutch on it?

Should be an over-run coupling on the other end of inertia wheel shaft? This lets the wheel "free-wheel" once your engine is shutoff. Then use the brake to slow the wheel down.
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby 115-1172523331 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:15 pm

Thanks, Bruce, I've spent a lot of hours at TDK! I just was trying to figure out how the electric motor fits in. I hadn't considered starting the test engine. As it is on the same shaft as the inertia wheel, would you think that it starts spinning that also? I believe that a coupling like the one on TDK is partly visible to the left and behind the Fafnir Bearing box in the 4th pic (now attached). -- Doug
115-1172523331

Return to Dyno Discussion II