[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Building a Water Brake

Building a Water Brake

Postby 106-1194218389 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:40 pm

106-1194218389

Postby 86rocco1 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:52 pm

FWIW, I've got plans to automate the data collection on that Stuska dyno. I've got all of the pieces, I just need to put it together. There's an optical sensor for RPM, a pressure sensor for load and a very simple easy to use interface with software to connect the sensors to a computer, total cost was around $200.00
86rocco1

Postby bruce » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:08 pm

I do know a foundry that does alum castings, just have to get the patterns made. A guy I grew up with has a nice size alum sand casting foundry that was his father's business.

But, I'll pass on getting into the dyno business for right now . . .
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby bruce » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:24 pm

"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby 86rocco1 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:33 pm

BTW, I've got a scanned copy of a Stuska brochure dated May 1987, it's just over 1 mb pdf format. If anyone's interested in a copy, PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you.
86rocco1

Postby 49-1183904562 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:07 pm

Dave;

Have you looked into this package

These guys are into Kits for alot of types of dynos.

Rick
49-1183904562

Postby Dave W » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:41 pm

Yea I checked out a lot of stuff and you really have to weigh things out because everybody has something a little different. This is a pain in the ass because you have to make a 50 point check list and spend some time on the phone. The big game is how much they will give you before you have to buy the next step up and watch out because its gonna cost ya. I don't have the no how for the electronic stuff so I will have to pay but you can bet that anything mechanical will be built.

Checked out PT stuff the other day and it looks promising. I will have to call to get the full details.

Dave
Dave W

Postby FPV_GTp » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:39 pm

Ford Sale - ( Melb , Aust ) - Engine Dynamometer Heenan & Froude G490EH 1,500Bhp@15,000rpm - Ship World Wide
FPV_GTp

Postby Dave W » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:45 pm

Performance Trends

I didn't call didn't have to. I was thinking about it but the big turn off for me was it will not control any type of auto load valve. If you look at the price its about a 1000.00 cheaper than L&S (Land and Sea) but there in no expansion. You can buy the pro grade L&S and add all the accessories at any time and there is a ton of things there software will control.

Going to get the aluminum Monday and start on the brake.

Dave
Dave W

Postby FPV_GTp » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:09 pm

I know it is of the topic but just have a look at the cute little eddy current retarders on this website

Ford Sale - ( Melb , Aust ) - Engine Dynamometer Heenan & Froude G490EH 1,500Bhp@15,000rpm - Ship World Wide
FPV_GTp

Previous

Return to Dyno Discussion II