[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - the project that got me here

the project that got me here

Place to post some pics of whatca all work on, race, drive etc . . . I personally enjoy seeing what the members here do as a "hobby" and am sure the other members would also be interested. Feel free to post your pics!!

Postby 106-1194218389 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:38 pm

106-1194218389

Postby 200cfm » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:03 pm

Got a Pipemax question. The intake cfm induction flow. Is that the flow from the head port radius that a flow bench shows or the total flow from carb to bore adapter? I use Pipemax and have always used the flow numbers I get from the port head radius, no manifold or carb attached. Is this incorrect data?
200cfm

Postby 106-1194218389 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:09 am

106-1194218389

Postby 200cfm » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:44 pm

Ok, I haven't been doing it that way (using the estimate Ve% drop down menu.)

What I do is use the flowbench highest lift reading accessible by the cam and bumping the Engine Data Volume Efficiency % value up until the Calculate Horesepower & Torque Analysis section for required Intake CFM between X and Y CFM agree with the flowbench highest cam lift cfm.
200cfm

Postby Moparsled » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:08 pm

got my Pipemax yesterday- thanks to JFHolm and Larry Meaux.

Does anyone know if there is a software that would precede this in the design of the car/engine? One where you would input things like the weight of the car, gear ratio, tire size, engine displacement, and whatever, and it would give you a guideline on what to do to the engine? Then after you have built your virtual ride you refine the engine with the Pipemax?
Moparsled

Postby 49-1183904562 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:36 pm

[color=#000000]Moparsled,

I fool around with this quit often and I use two or three different tools but remember I am fooling with motorcycles. I use Desktop Dyno a Dyno simulation program and a program called Accelerator a more advanced Dyno simulator program. Then I use the
49-1183904562

Postby larrycavan » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:52 pm

Rick,

Where did you get Accelerator?

Larry
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby 49-1183904562 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:52 pm

Larry;

I got it from Jim's but Cycle Rama sells it

I'll PM You.

Rick
49-1183904562

Postby Otto » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:30 am

larry check your email :D
Otto

just another one man show
workin to play
Otto

Postby 49-1183904562 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:03 am

Otto,

Which version are you using?
How do you feal it does in compairison to Dyno testing?
I find that if I input the actaul flow data for the heads and am honest on my input information, (I cc everything) It has been almost dead on.

Rick
49-1183904562

Postby Otto » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:45 am

it is really pretty good of course the more input the better i have the orig dos version and the windows pro version and use both because they do calculate some thing alittle dif I have beat them on occasion but they are close the thing is cam manufactureres are always tweaking there numbers and you better verify that the cam files are correct.
the way i use them is to cam disp ect figure compression use my max flow number {full intake tested} let the coumputer cal flow numbers and tweak the rpm around until the it number matches up with mine then install head file with my flow numbers and let it recalculate
Otto

just another one man show
workin to play
Otto

Previous

Return to Members Projects