[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - the project that got me here

the project that got me here

Place to post some pics of whatca all work on, race, drive etc . . . I personally enjoy seeing what the members here do as a "hobby" and am sure the other members would also be interested. Feel free to post your pics!!

Postby 106-1194218389 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:33 pm

WPH,
Here is a a good thread you should read over at Speed Talk.

Now I am also anxious to help that old flat head 6 out some. This is his thread and I hate to hi-jack it too bad.

JOhn
106-1194218389

Postby WPH » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:21 am

Thank you a lot for taking some time to help me out with this. I'll compare the data and will put them up to my own thread in Airflow thoughts- section.
Pekka
WPH

Postby Moparsled » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:50 am

Moparsled

Postby Moparsled » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:48 pm

VE%- 75.9%@4250rpm
bore- 3.310"
stroke- 4.625"
rod length- 7.8125"
6 cylinder
peak H.P.@4250rpm
9.75 to 1 c.r.

6 intake valves
1.5312" head
.341" stem
.395" lift
Dur. @ .050"- 234*
degreed centerline-?
lobe center angle-?

6 exhaust valves
1.4062" head
.341" stem
.395" lift
dur. @ .050"- 234*
centerline length- ?

thanks again John
Moparsled

Postby 106-1194218389 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:46 pm

Cory,
The first thing I did was run PipeMax for you combination just the way it is. With 171.5 HP at 4250 rpm you would actually be getting 93.5% VE. All the screen prints I have posted this time are to optimize you for your engine right now. It would be to correct your headers to the way your engine is running now. I will post another series to show what you have to do to get your engine up to the 200hp + goal at 6000 rpm redline.

106-1194218389

Postby 106-1194218389 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:27 pm

Now I have run your combination as to what you would have to do to get 200 + HP at 6000 rpm redline. Things to pay attention to and that is the CSA of the ports. airflow needed through entire intake tract and header configusration. The really tough part would be it really looks like it would need more camshaft, especially lift. That may be tough for you to do. I fell if you were to do the rest it would help but until you get more cam that may be a limiting factor. Take a look at these sreen prints.

106-1194218389

Postby bruce » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:14 pm

Keep in mind this is for a flathead engine . . . 90% VE might be pushing it?
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby 106-1194218389 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:56 am

106-1194218389

Postby Moparsled » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:13 am

I haven't read through the second set of #'s yet, I'm on my way there next, but, in the first set of #'s it gave a reccommended cam #- very close to the cam I initially, and still, want for the engine- an old Isky grind 280*adv. duration, 448 lift.
off to check out those 2nd #'s
Moparsled

Postby Moparsled » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:38 am

WOW!!!!

Man, I GOTTA get this program!

and maybe a dyno. Guess I better quit with the patterns for the velocity stacks, and get with the patterns for a water brake! Gotta get the backyard foundry fired up!!

quick question- all you changed in the input info for the second test was the VE% and the peak hp rpm?

thanks A MILLION for showing me just what CAN be done with the right tools (and the right help!!!!)
Moparsled

Postby 106-1194218389 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:46 am

Cory,
that is basically all I did. Set peak HP to 5500 rpm and played with VE until it got the 216 HP. Those are the readings for that.

John
106-1194218389

Postby 49-1183904562 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:03 am

[color=#000000]All;

I know this board is full of many helpful and kind hearted people all of us on the low budget and battling hot rod money against household responsibilities. But as a software developer I know what kind of time commitment and research it takes to put your ideas, math, knowledge and skills into software. Not only these efforts but proving it works too. Larry Meaux has spent tremendous amount of time developing Pipe Max, proving it works and then being gracious enough to share his secrets with us. At a mere $40 Larry is not going to retire and be the next Bill Gates on Pipe Max!. Those that read the board and follow it know that it is a great tool and it is a source of much learning, if you want to see the results of Pipe Max send Larry $40 and he will send it to you in no time. Its less than a new Snap-On screwdriver.

Please lets respect Larry and his efforts.

Sorry guy
49-1183904562

Postby 106-1194218389 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:56 pm

Sorry. I was just assuming that it may also get him a sale. I was also going off the fact that I have seen him help others like that over on Speed Talk, but then again it is his software. So I will not do this anymore.
106-1194218389

Postby Moparsled » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:06 am

Moparsled

Postby Tony » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:27 pm

Probably more than one sale.
It is very impressive software, and I believe a bit of occasional public exposure to what it can do, is probably going to do Larry far more good than harm.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

PreviousNext

Return to Members Projects