[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - New cast intake manifold

New cast intake manifold

Place to post some pics of whatca all work on, race, drive etc . . . I personally enjoy seeing what the members here do as a "hobby" and am sure the other members would also be interested. Feel free to post your pics!!

Postby 86rocco1 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:19 pm

I hadn't seen those articles yet, good stuff, thanks!

Any thoughts on perhaps making a composite manifold? I'd also given that some passing consideration but never took it anywhere, I'd need to research which resins would stand up to the heat and fuel.
86rocco1

Postby Chippy » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:15 pm

Well it's not a problem to help the helpful :;): There's loads of great write ups on Autospeed.
To make a composite manifold for a N/A engine is relatively easy compared to that of a force fed for obvious reasons. Although my knowledge of composites in general is at beginner/intermediate status personally I would shy away from the latter although many say it can be done for some reason you don't see too many around.....
'Filament winding' (A quick Google will tell more than I can) is a process which springs to mind, they can make pressurised vessels such as fire extinguishers using this method, although a good specific Epoxy and some woven Carbon fibre will see a decent N/A manifold made with the right mould.
I think there are only two really good forums for the subject of Composites, one is here:

The other here, but I dug out some direct links to your subject matter for you:

Happy reading!

[I]
Chippy

Postby 86rocco1 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:19 pm

Thanks, I guess that's couple more forums I need to join. Anyways, I've done a little bit of composite work, I've made a few things using a sacrificial styrofoam core, glassing over the core then dissolving out the styrofoam with acetone, I think the same technique could work quite well for a one-off manifold.
86rocco1

Previous

Return to Members Projects