[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Finally Finished

Finally Finished

Place to post some pics of whatca all work on, race, drive etc . . . I personally enjoy seeing what the members here do as a "hobby" and am sure the other members would also be interested. Feel free to post your pics!!

Postby jakesportingservice » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:07 am

Here are some pics of my heads for my drag car
jakesportingservice

Postby jakesportingservice » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:09 am

exhaust
jakesportingservice

Postby jakesportingservice » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:10 am

Intake short side :D
jakesportingservice

Postby jakesportingservice » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:12 am

Intake port
jakesportingservice

Postby jakesportingservice » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:14 am

Top of head
jakesportingservice

Postby coulterracn » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:25 am

Jake that's some nice port work. I like the end mill finish on the exterior.

I took notice to the exit shape of the exhaust port. The whole head shows quality attention to detail.

Ray
"I know I'm in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here"
coulterracn

Postby bruce » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:02 am

I'll second that . . . they look nice!
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby racehead-1 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:01 pm

[color=#000000]Jake, that is very good work.
Beautiful port work in both intake and exhaust. In the details is where the gain is.
I notice that you don
racehead-1

Postby jakesportingservice » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:33 pm

Thanks guys :D

On the exaust guides they are still full length on the long side at the rear just trimmed the front off . Its only about .250 of guide gone and since the're mine i dont mind trying things !!
jakesportingservice

Postby jfholm » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:29 pm

[color=#000000]Really nice job there. I can tell they are raised port intakes, spread exhaust port. Are they 15
It is a wise man that learns from his mistakes, but it is a wiser man that learns from the mistakes of others.
jfholm

Postby jakesportingservice » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:25 pm

John nothing to hide they are brodix gb2000 heads . They came with square seats and guides but no port work and they were pretty small so it took sometime to get them finished.

The miiling was to lighten them not to hide anything it removed all but 3 pounds of aluminum per head with every thing i did to lighten them and i think i could do more but i want to keep a little strength in the casting.

I'll say that they are 270cc intake runner and they flow 385ish on the intake @.750 and they went 260ish on the exhaust @.750
jakesportingservice

Postby jfholm » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:50 am

Very nice work. I bet you are glad to be done eating aluminum. I know a lot of people think that hand ported heads cannot compete with CNC heads. If they only knew, huh Jake.

Great CNC heads are just traced from a great hand ported heads. Did you do everything by hand or were you able to get some roughing done with a CNC. Anyway you did a really nice job.

I know at times we have bought CNC'd heads and then hand ported them the rest of the way to meet our needs due to time constraints.

John
It is a wise man that learns from his mistakes, but it is a wiser man that learns from the mistakes of others.
jfholm

Postby jakesportingservice » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:26 pm

Hi john yes they were completly hand ported and i do agree with you that some of the most powerful heads are ported by hand and then copied .

I could only wish that i were finished eating aluminum as i work in this industry almost every day doing the same thing at work .

Kinda funny how my hobby is my way of making a living
although it does get old at times i wouldn't change it at all.

Well maybe a cnc machine would help :p
jakesportingservice

Postby jfholm » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:01 pm

Maybe you ought to call Mike Chapman at Chapman's Head service. I know a while back he was trying to scale back and he may have a CNC he would want to sell. Might get a good price right now.
John
jfholm

Return to Members Projects