[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Fiero Performance "Boost"

Fiero Performance "Boost"

Place to post some pics of whatca all work on, race, drive etc . . . I personally enjoy seeing what the members here do as a "hobby" and am sure the other members would also be interested. Feel free to post your pics!!

Postby bruce » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:22 pm

That picture is the car sitting in my side yard, didn't have room right now to put it around back at my place. A buddy and I trailered it home on Friday. It runs but I didn't trust driving it an hour one way without a "preflight inspection" I'm to old for surprises on the road. Having a friend with a car trailer comes in handy and he feels the same about a buddy have a lathe and mill :)
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby jakesportingservice » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Nice lookin car bruce good find . Are they pt cruiser wheels? ???

Jake
jakesportingservice

Postby bruce » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:47 pm

I think they are?

I know they are not OEM Fiero wheels, they are steel and the chrome is peeling off the rear right side one. I'm going to keep my eyes open for a set of alloy rims on eBay/Cragslist that will fit. They are 5x100 pattern

But, that will be down the road . . .

Edited By bruce on 1249238941
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Malvin » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:44 pm

I found this video thought that you guys would like this.
Bruce Nice car

Here is one more thought you would like It sounds Like

a V6 wonder if its the 3800

Malvin :)
Malvin

Postby blaktopr » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:52 am

C'mon now Bruce, that part of the yard is still nice. What's wifie saying bout that?:D
Looks good. Now all you need is a Pontiac 8 in it!:D
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby bruce » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:27 pm

So here is how my day went today . . . decided the end play on my distributor was a tad large so I figured I'd pickup a rebuild one from NAPA. I install the new one and start the car up and I notice oil running on the floor, great seal is leaking so out comes the dizzy, look the seal over looks ok brand new, put it back in now I watch to see as soon as I start the car if it's leaking, leaking again, pull it out find my box of assorted o-rings install new o-ring, install dizzy, leaks again. I do this a total of 6 times, course a few of those times I was off a tooth on the timing since the engine now has rotated.

Anyways finally take a good look at the groove the o-ring sits in and there is a small circular indentation in the casting which I assume is allowing the pressurized oil to pass the o-ring on the inside and leak out the top. Old dizzy is solid all around. I decide to take a look at why my old dizzy has play and see the trigger ring has moved up the serrations after 97,000miles so I figure I'll tap it back down and close up the gap.

That works like a charm, install a new seal and re-install my old dizzy back in the engine, start engine, no leak, set timing and she purrs like a kitten! NAPA guy is not going to like me on Monday morning, I want my $150 back . . . needless to say I'm now an expert on Fiero dizzy removal!

I use NAPA (have an account) so I don't run into these problems, I had a problem with a Jeep dizzy once before that was to large in diameter to fit in the hole, chucked it in the lathe and turned it down to fit. Autozone Fiero dizzy was $30 less, I told NAPA guy that on Friday and I'll be sure to tell him on Monday also :)

Oh forgot, couple of calls to Rick and Larry to make sure they did not have a good day either LOL

Edited By bruce on 1250393279
bruce
Site Admin

Postby 49-1183904562 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:08 pm

[color=#000000]Bruce,

Are day's were running in mirror.

Me went to a friends shop to use his press as i am not done rebuilding mine he was working on a 1942 WL 45 Flathead, it came in not running had not run since some other DUDE rebuilt the old Linkert carb. Well I got there in time to help kick and kick, then off with the carb on with the carb kick some more. Puff Puff Kick Kick. Check spark? Spark good Kick some more, Off with the carb ???? On, kick kick Sweat a lot
49-1183904562

Postby larrycavan » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:57 pm

You're making me "dizzy" Bruce :D
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby bruce » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:23 pm

Oh Larry there is more here are some pics . . .

Note the indentation in the area where the o-ring is to sit?
bruce
Site Admin

Postby bruce » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:25 pm

These show the shaft where the rotor seats, note the corrosion on the top and grind marks on the bottom. Shaft should measure .437 this one is .424.

I thought my rotor was kinda loose!
bruce
Site Admin

Postby bruce » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:25 pm

NAPA quality :)
bruce
Site Admin

Postby emarsh » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:59 pm

Since you are talking Fiero, here's a couple pics of mine. I don't know if I've posted them here before or not. The project has been sitting for a few years but now that I've got a shop with a lift in it the engine should be coming back out soon. No supercharger on this one, but it's just a street car. That's a 406" in it that I set up to pull between about 2800 and 6000.

emarsh

Postby bruce » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:44 pm

I bet that is a handful! Looks nice :)
bruce
Site Admin

Postby jsa » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:51 pm

I bet you fit the longest service life plugs you can find......
Cheers

John
jsa

Postby bruce » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:24 pm

Eric are you on Pennock's forum?
bruce
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Members Projects